1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

We Need a Mechanic List

Discussion in 'Support' started by KMSEXC, Nov 20, 2007.

1. KMSEXC

KMSEXC Well-Known Member

loader

I'm not doing anything to the trany yet were still in the thirty's up here and still getting snow but i have some leads to pursue i think your on the right track with the air question is how its happening ill wait for your reply no hurry KMSEXC Thats deffinetly happening air mixing its not real milky like water mixture and you can almost see the air bubbles

2. superwrench0166

superwrench0166 Well-Known Member

ok you first must check the suction line oring on bottom and top. of course prolly not the bottom if you dont have a leak. also check the hose that conects the pipes make sure the clamps are tight. if all that checks. going to be pointing at the transmission pump. how many hrs on this machine. just with way you keep it up unusual for this to happen.

3. KMSEXC

KMSEXC Well-Known Member

loader hrs

I brought this loader used , The machine was probaly not ran with the care I would have Taken of it but over all machine is not totaly slapped Machine has 9000 Hrs on her 1998 is the year she starts great and i never have any problem with machine just this forward reverse deal, Im going in am to check oil first before and after i run machine to see if oil changes from running and not running Where are the lines located that your talking about external or internal Thanks KMSEXC

4. superwrench0166

lines are external. on engine side. behind the lowest end is the suction screen. should be on the left side of machine as if you were sitting in the cab.
    looking more like pump is going bad. most of theese pumps are aluminum housing and usually have no mercy. if ever ran dry will rapidly wear.

5. KMSEXC

KMSEXC Well-Known Member

I think you figured it out

Sounds like the problem I will check lines and oil today trany should come out and get rebuilt, I will just have to spend money thats all I appreciate all the knowledge and help trying to figure this out Thanks again if i find out anything i will let you know it might be a while since i might wait until she doesn't move any more that could take some time Thanks Again KMSEXC

6. KMSEXC

KMSEXC Well-Known Member

super wrench

I want to thank you again for hanging in with me, Today went to machine and checked trany oil , oil was fine no unusual signs so i started machine let it warm up and took it for a ride to let oil and tranny warm up At first no problems shifting from forward to reverse but ran it some more and then it started again hesitating , so i parked machine still running and checked tranny oil and then i saw the bubbles in oil and oil was frothy looking so i said i think were getting some where so I called dealer and he said change sump screen , and o rings and hose some times they can draw air , he also said that could be why its hesitating So thanks again I'm 90 percent sure this is problem PS I hated to keep bothering you so i called the dealer i been working with them on this for awhile but we never talked about air so thanks again KMSEXC

7. superwrench0166

i just like to see you get it fixed and cheaply as possible i dont like to change things or spend money without being sure.

8. KMSEXC

KMSEXC Well-Known Member

You saved me alot ,Alot of stress and money, much appreciated KMSEXC

9. Mr Gears

Mr Gears New Member

Sorry to hijack this topic, but it's kind of related.
    I am an Motor Mechanic interested in re-training as a Plant Mechanic. I would like to work in the SE Qld region. If anyone can point me in the direction of a workshop that might be able to give me a start. Also is there any company that I might need to steer clear of? I am a real newb when it comes to heavy vehicles but I am a fast learner. I have had some Unimog experience and found it fascinating. Driveline repairs has been my specialty for around 15yrs.
    Thanks. You can contact me at: brettprociv@hotmail.com

10. DenMech

DenMech New Member

heavy truck mechanic here going for HDEM cert

I am an auto and truck and coach mechanic trying to get certified as a heavy duty equipment tech. any others out there.

11. rapper

rapper Member

apprentice plant mechanic
    hey guys. im a 2nd year apprentice plant mechanic from australia. just wanted to know about job vacancies or demand for diesal mechanics in other countries.

12. CatManDoes

CatManDoes Well-Known Member

Heavy equipment mechanic
    hey,,

nice...:)

13. OFF

OFF Senior Member

HD Mechanic
    Hi, I'm a new member and a mechanic. Licenced/certified in both automotive and heavy equipment. 34 years in the trade.
    I've spent my life working on Ford trucks, JLG & Genie boom lifts, forklifts, stationary diesels, hydraulic cranes, etc. Not much dirt equipment, but pretty much everything else from small engines to locomotives. Also did a 5 year stint in an engine rebuilding/machine shop.
    I love to help & share anything I've learned along the way. :)

Dave

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  14. MrKomatsu

MrKomatsu Senior Member

KMSEXC........E-mail me with your ???????????? i"m sure we can get you fixed up......

15. Ross

Ross Senior Member

Yeah Iam a Time-Served .. Fully indentured Plant Fitter.

Also Have Inter-provincial - Red-Seal - Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic ticket from my time in Canada :canada :cool:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  16. Drifter

Drifter Well-Known Member

Hello,

Journeymen heavy equipment mechanic here. I run a field truck an work on John Deere Construction and Forestry equipment. Any Deere equipment questions just ask.

17. willie59

willie59 Administrator

Service Manager
    Welcome to the forum Drifter. :usa

Yeah, we need a Deere road tech here on the forum, so you better get ready for some excavator questions. :D

-3Doc is a good Hitachi tech, and Deere machines are pretty much the same as a 'tachi, but it would be nice to have another Deere tech among us. ;)

18. LonestarCobra

LonestarCobra Well-Known Member

Dang, this threads been dead for a year now. I put in 16 years at a Cat dealer as a field service mechanic. (I hate the word "technician" seems to take all the nuts and bolts out of the job) Anyway I went back to the oilfield a few years ago but cant seem to leave the yellow equipment alone for some reason.

19. Hardline

Hardline Senior Member

Small business owner
    Hello, I'm a mechanic from the Dallas Ft Worth Texas area. Work on a lot of skid steers and forklifts mainly. I'll try to help any time I can. JJ

20. AK HDM

AK HDM Active Member

Retired HD Mechanic/Electrician
    Hello, I'm a semi-retired heavy equipment mechanic/electrician with over 38 years experience working on logging equip.[early years], road construction equip., pipeline equip., trucks,generators[1.5kw to 900kw.]& small equipment.
    Also I am a 33 year member of local 302, International Union of Operating Engineers