• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

water in the hystat 953c bbx

honest outlaw

Occupation
general contractor
Blew a hydraulic line on my 2004 953c bbx had to add 5 gallons of aw32 to get the machine on the lowboy to get home to drop shields and repair turns out the oil I added had some h20 in it. Got the line fixed. Now what do I need to do to cleanse the hydro system of the h20 contaminated oil

Bob/Ont

How Much???? If only a couple of gallons I would run it hot and hope to boil it clean then drain and refill with filter change. Gotta watch the top ups.
Later Bob

honest outlaw

Occupation
general contractor
Haven't thought of that. Just wondering if it would harm the drive motors if I am not mistaken this machine shares a common res with the lift and drive?

honest outlaw

Occupation
general contractor
Is there a method by which I could purge the whole hydraulic system of all the fluid so you can get all this milky looking hydraulic oil out and change to clear oil I've asked the boys in the service department of the local cat dealer and they say that it can't all be drained. Help please Nige, if you can?

Bob/Ont

Short of taking all cylinders apart and washing out all lines, I would disconnect all lines at the cylinders and drain them and the cylinders. Be careful and make sure the bucket is supported at all times.
Later Bob

honest outlaw

Occupation
general contractor
What my mechanic and I were wondering was there a way we might be able to purge the system using air pressure or would it destroy a seal or check valve of some kind?

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
No you can't blow it out with air. The oil is in cylinders and valves.
Sea foam makes a product that helps remove water from oil. It still requires changing oil.

Diesel_doc89

Occupation
Machine Operator for Universal Fibers
Well it was worth a try thank you for your help feller's:rolleyes::D

I work at bobcat and what we do we built a line that has a Aux. couple and the other end is open. you have to be very careful draining the system like that cause you can lock up vital parts. We just barely hit the aux function and let it drain into a bucket, and right when it starts sputtering stop. That drains about every bit of fluid you can out of the machine. but it takes several flushes to get the fluid clear again. we have one machine that we have flushed 3 times and the fluid is still cloudy. after 2 flushes though i wouldnt worry about water damaging anything. good luck

honest outlaw

Occupation
general contractor
I work at bobcat and what we do we built a line that has a Aux. couple and the other end is open. you have to be very careful draining the system like that cause you can lock up vital parts. We just barely hit the aux function and let it drain into a bucket, and right when it starts sputtering stop. That drains about every bit of fluid you can out of the machine. but it takes several flushes to get the fluid clear again. we have one machine that we have flushed 3 times and the fluid is still cloudy. after 2 flushes though i wouldnt worry about water damaging anything. good luck

Thank you sir I appreciate that thought may be sumpin I can put to use