• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Washing out hydraulic pump area on a New Holland L220

RLU_tech

Occupation
Mechanic
Im working on a 2011 New Holland L220 skid-steer. I replaced a hydraulic hose that had been leaking for some time. As a result, the entire “belly” of the machine is caked with oil soaked sludge. What’s the best way to get as much of this junk out of the machine? I feel pressure washing isn’t going to be to effective, as there doesn’t appear to be any drains in the bottom???

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
If you drop all the inspection covers under the machine, tip the cab over and I park on an incline and then take a pressure wash wand and push the material on top of the belly pan forward you can get it pretty clean.

RLU_tech

Occupation
Mechanic
If you drop all the inspection covers under the machine, tip the cab over and I park on an incline and then take a pressure wash wand and push the material on top of the belly pan forward you can get it pretty clean.
Okay, I’ll look into that. Thanks.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Pulling as much of the crud out by hand before the wash down always helps.
I find a high pressure garden hose or fire hose if available works better than a pressure cleaner, which seems to just blow the dirt from one end of the machine to the other.
But, hey, I work in temps of +30deg Celsius :rolleyes: