• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Washing Operations/Log Roller Cost to Operate

631G

Occupation
Civil Superintendent
We are looking at an opportunity that may come our way that involves processing river stone. Ive ran crushing spreads and have good past cost on load haul operations but have nothing to look to for washing operations. Would anyone be able to help me with pinning down what operating a washing plant would cost? I’m not familiar with through put to get to a tons per hour figure etc.

Barring getting some geotechnical data to see what we’re looking at I am assuming the worst case in that the material will have to run through a log roller, hence the title of this post. I also assume we would setup a stationary plant and have access to grid power. I could be wrong but I’m lacking some details yet.

Any help or questions to ask to get further into the details are greatly appreciated.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
I misread your title. I thought we were going to be discussing dog rollers. Like at the C-store. I’m sorry, please carry on.

631G

Occupation
Civil Superintendent
I misread your title. I thought we were going to be discussing dog rollers. Like at the C-store. I’m sorry, please carry on.
Based on mowingman reply I butchered the title.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Don't worry about that, they were common at plants down in Texas. We had one or two log washers at each of our 15 or so plants back in the 80's. Our company, at that time, used machines made by Eagle Iron works. We usually were mining sand and gravel that had a very high clay content, so the log washers were used to get everything cleaned and separated out, after it want over/through the primary screen. We then discharged into a secondary screen and then all the fines went into the sand classifier. (I think, it has been 35 years or so). I do know we could not have produced spec sand and gravel without the log washer in the process, as we had very muddy material. Can not help with costs and such, as it has been too many years ago.