• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wanting to contact Scrub Puller

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
he was around when i joined, but then disappeared, absolutely loved reading his threads, they were either hugely informative, a proper eye opener of just plain old anecdotal. but always a pleasure to read

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I remember him saying his internet was not the best at times. I look forward to seeing him back. I still remember the story about the snake at his home when him and his wife were young. Good stuff.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
I remember him saying his internet was not the best at times. I look forward to seeing him back. I still remember the story about the snake at his home when him and his wife were young. Good stuff.
Scrub and his wife have moved into the big smoke and retirement village lifestyle so the internet is no more of a problem.:D

Scrub Puller

Guday Folks, Scrub here . . . had to change the user name.
I just read through this thread again.
It was a bit difficult to digest when Tones first showed it on his tablet . . . on an anonymous and somewhat impersonal internet forum, I never realized anyone would notice my absence.
I can't believe Tones went out of his way to track me down and that is a tale in its self.
Health and eyesight problems made staying out bush difficult and as Tones mentions we have moved into a lifestyle village.
I was unsure how I would hack it.
In fairness to my wife (who has stuck with me in remote and difficult places) I thought at this time of our lives it would be best for her . . . in truth though, I am loving it myself and about the only thing I miss are my charcoal cookers.
We are only a five minute bike ride from a beach and I have a delta recumbent trike to carry my gear and I'm getting back into fishing.
The eyes are at the stage where I don't drive much any more . . . still legal with the license but eye surgery didn't go as planned.
I will drop by and contribute if there is anything constructive I can add to a discussion.
Thanks again to all those who remember . . . and yair, I feel humbled by your kind comments.
Stay safe in this strange old world of ours and living now in ordered civilization I gotta go and walk the dog.

Ct Farmer

I just read through this thread again.
It was a bit difficult to digest when Tones first showed it on his tablet . . . on an anonymous and somewhat impersonal internet forum, I never realized anyone would notice my absence.
I can't believe Tones went out of his way to track me down and that is a tale in its self.
Health and eyesight problems made staying out bush difficult and as Tones mentions we have moved into a lifestyle village.
I was unsure how I would hack it.
In fairness to my wife (who has stuck with me in remote and difficult places) I thought at this time of our lives it would be best for her . . . in truth though, I am loving it myself and about the only thing I miss are my charcoal cookers.
We are only a five minute bike ride from a beach and I have a delta recumbent trike to carry my gear and I'm getting back into fishing.
The eyes are at the stage where I don't drive much any more . . . still legal with the license but eye surgery didn't go as planned.
I will drop by and contribute if there is anything constructive I can add to a discussion.
Thanks again to all those who remember . . . and yair, I feel humbled by your kind comments.
Stay safe in this strange old world of ours and living now in ordered civilization I gotta go and walk the dog.

Welcome back!

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator

So very nice to hear from you again, Scrub. :)

I'm not sure why you would have had to change your user name, but I can do things in the Admin Control Panel to user accounts, so if you'd like your old one back, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Tinkerer

Welcome back scrubpuller !!
Me thinks Digger is going to fix you up with your proper username.
I pray that your eye-site holds fast and your health problems heal.
I spent a lot of time looking for you.:)
It was certainly time well spent to.
If I remember correctly weren't you in the early stages of writing a book ?

JPV

Glad you are back and great to hear you're doing well, I enjoyed all your stories and insights from another side of the world that I don't know if I will ever see.
The internet is an impersonal place but I think that is what makes this forum stand out in my opinion. When the world seems like it is going crazy this place isn't.

mitch504

Hey Scrub, great to see you! I thought about you last week when I got this month's "Timber Harvesting" magazine. They had an article about a company in Alabama trying to clean up thousands of acres of their timberlands that were wiped out by a hurricane. They brought a consultant from Australia who set them up to chain it. Would have been a good job for you! I wonder if that has ever been done in the US before?

Corley_3812.jpg

http://www.timberharvesting.com/magazine-issue/september-october-2020/