• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wanted Parts manual for 660B Grader Detroit Motor

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Wanted Parts manual for 660B Grader Detroit Motor
Any chance of a model number off the engine? Detroits often had tags on the side of valve cover with lots of important information.

Heck even a couple pictures would go a long way to figure out what engine it has in it!

Vetech63

Like Ken said, a model and serial number would help. If you cant find that, take a few pics of your engine if possible and post them.

Barry Frisk

Model
Any chance of a model number off the engine? Detroits often had tags on the side of valve cover with lots of important information.

Heck even a couple pictures would go a long way to figure out what engine it has in it!
The model is a Wabco. Serial is P660 B-GM-15195. It has a standard transmission and an oil clutch.

kshansen

Occupation
Did you see if there were any numbers on the engine itself? If it is the original engine it should have a tag on the valve cover with the information like the one pictured below. This one is a stamped steel cover but the newer engines with the cast covers would also hve the information tags on them.

A Detroit parts book for the common 71 series engines could be over two inches thick printed on thin paper. Detroits were used in just about any application where one would want to turn something short of an airplane propeller and it would not surprise me if someone did not try to do that! So the number of options and variations are almost endless.
Detroit Number Plate01.jpg

kshansen

Occupation
Well, I guess I misunderstood. I cant help with a book on that.
Well that makes two of us, guess having read the "660B Grader Detroit Motor" I too thought the question was about the motor. Glad to hear the Detroit is running after some new injectors and TLC!

Barry Frisk

Good Morning-could you reply to the following please-price of each book and or a total of both? is a bank draft acceptable? I don't need them immediately and I have family in Ft St John and Edmonton if you are travelling back and forth at a specified time perhaps we can organize a pickup thank you

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
I don't know if they are correct for your machine, and I am not looking to sell the books as I need them for my grader but I will be more than happy to copy them for you. I will be going down late November if that works, I can send the copies to you or drop them off with your family in Edmonton too, just don't know the timeline. Can you post a picture of your machine somImcan see how close or not close it is?

Barry Frisk

parts numbers for the rear axles are the only ones that are the same and those are the numbers that I need and you can post them on here or send me an email thank you!