• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wanted- Factory workshop Manual Gehl 6640E-Deutz BF4M 2011

big builder

Hello All,

We are needing to do some workon our 2007 Gehl 6640E skidsteer with the deutz engine. Local dealer is ZERO help. Gehl head office is ZERO help. They say I have to get form the dealer. We are using a mobile mechanic to do the repairs so trying to find the factory repair manual for him to work with. Does anyone have one in a PDF format? Its the turbocharges oil cooled 4 cylinder engine.

Terryz

Try Memo Parts in Texas. 877-959-2650. They are an aftermarket Deutz supplier. They were very helpful on the last Deutz engine that was giving me fits.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Whoever u call will prob. want the engine serial number..
Deutz has a headquarter in Georgia.. The tele. # is redily available..

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hello All,

We are needing to do some workon our 2007 Gehl 6640E skidsteer with the deutz engine. Local dealer is ZERO help. Gehl head office is ZERO help. They say I have to get form the dealer. We are using a mobile mechanic to do the repairs so trying to find the factory repair manual for him to work with. Does anyone have one in a PDF format? Its the turbocharges oil cooled 4 cylinder engine.
I can send you the service manual for the skid steer .What is your email address ?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
AMEN to that Willie.!!! You DEF. wanna get to it BEFORE it breaks.!!! Cuz when IT DOES BREAK, it takes out the push rods & breaks rockers.. The parts are cheap enough tho.. but a real PITA to change if u don't havfta..
The "scary thing" is.. your dealer cant help.. WHAT BOOK are they using to fix your equipment?
When a customer called me & asked about a service manual for an engine, I just went & looked at my publication #..

big builder

Whoever u call will prob. want the engine serial number..
Deutz has a headquarter in Georgia.. The tele. # is redily available..
And if you've accumulated over 2 to 3000 hrs on that engine then you should look into replacing the timing belt and tensioner on that engine.
I only have about 900 hours on the machine. It is my personal loader. But it is 10 years old now. I noticed in the owners manual that is needs to be replaced. The local dealer was not interested in helping. So I am hoping someone here can help with a factory deutz manual. I have a good mobile mechanic but he hasnt done one of these before. It is the first diesel( for both of us) that has a timing belt. I definately would have done sooner.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I only have about 900 hours on the machine. It is my personal loader. But it is 10 years old now. I noticed in the owners manual that is needs to be replaced. The local dealer was not interested in helping. So I am hoping someone here can help with a factory deutz manual. I have a good mobile mechanic but he hasnt done one of these before. It is the first diesel( for both of us) that has a timing belt. I definately would have done sooner.
Manuals were emailed to you.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Yes u def. want a manual or detailed instructions when doing a timing belt..
You also need the pins/tools.. there are a lot of timing belt kits on ebay that come with the tools..
GET THE TOOLS..

Vetech63

Yes u def. want a manual or detailed instructions when doing a timing belt..
You also need the pins/tools.. there are a lot of timing belt kits on ebay that come with the tools..
GET THE TOOLS..
Yes , definitely get the timing pins. Should be 2 of them and they will be identical. Its pretty easy do with the proper tooling and you can get them from a Deutz engine dealer.

big builder

Yes , definitely get the timing pins. Should be 2 of them and they will be identical. Its pretty easy do with the proper tooling and you can get them from a Deutz engine dealer.
Do you think the ebay kits will be fine quality? I spoke with Foley engines and they have full kits too with everything. Unsure if the belts are all teh same quality or if I should be wary of ebay kits?

Vetech63

Do you think the ebay kits will be fine quality? I spoke with Foley engines and they have full kits too with everything. Unsure if the belts are all teh same quality or if I should be wary of ebay kits?
I would make sure and use a genuine belt. I have tried others before without much luck. I'm not sure what ebay offers since I haven't bought those before.

casefan

I can send you the service manual for the skid steer .What is your email address ?
Could you please send me one too? I just recently acquired a Gehl 5635 with 1900hrs on it & no manuals were provided. I especially need the service manual. Thanks

Truk49

tool_king, I found this thread while searching for a Gehl shop manual. please email me the workshop manual. I recently purchased a 2007 Gehl 6640E with almost 2100 hours. I'm looking to change the timing belt. Thanks.
morpower540@yahoo.com