• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wanted: Cable Backhoe

Matthew K

I'm looking for a 30,000-50,000 lb. cable backhoe, preferably in working condition. It's completely fine if it needs paint or modest repairs to the clutches/brakes/cables and other things that are reparable, but ideally it would be something that will be able to start and drive onto a trailer, or at least be able to be loaded by another machine on the premises.

I have found a Link-Belt in Worcester, MA, for sale on Facebook, but the seller hasn't seen my messages in the several days since I sent them. I also have a possible lead on an Insley in Fayetteville, NC. But I have no contact with the owners of either yet, and pouring over craigslist and Facebook pages as well as used equipment sites has yielded nothing else thus far, so I thought I'd put out more feelers. I would prefer a diesel machine, but if the right gasoline-powered unit was available, that would be an option. Any brand - Bucyrus, Insley, Koehring, Link-Belt, Northwest, Bantam - I'm sure there's more than that, but those are the more common ones that come to mind.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I'm looking for a 30,000-50,000 lb. cable backhoe, preferably in working condition. It's completely fine if it needs paint or modest repairs to the clutches/brakes/cables and other things that are reparable, but ideally it would be something that will be able to start and drive onto a trailer, or at least be able to be loaded by another machine on the premises.

I have found a Link-Belt in Worcester, MA, for sale on Facebook, but the seller hasn't seen my messages in the several days since I sent them. I also have a possible lead on an Insley in Fayetteville, NC. But I have no contact with the owners of either yet, and pouring over craigslist and Facebook pages as well as used equipment sites has yielded nothing else thus far, so I thought I'd put out more feelers. I would prefer a diesel machine, but if the right gasoline-powered unit was available, that would be an option. Any brand - Bucyrus, Insley, Koehring, Link-Belt, Northwest, Bantam - I'm sure there's more than that, but those are the more common ones that come to mind.

Not mine but I could put you on to a 15B dragline with a Cat Diesel motor. Pony start, industrial version of a 315 D2 engine if I remember right. Comes with 2 drag buckets, 50 ft. boom. Mud and dirt buckets. And nearby, owened by his friend is a brand new never been mounted shovel front for that 15B. I am certain one could purchase them both for under $3,000.00. Got everything but your cable backhoe. Works but should have a couple of pieces of boom angles replaced that have been bumped a few times. Has a cab damage on the upper left corner where the cables slapped it to many times by a non experienced operator. Nether look to difficult to repair. Clutches, brakes and hoisting gears seem good. decent undercarriage. Located about 110 miles north of Minneapolis.