• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Want Quality Extension Cord Reel

mbavers

For outdoor use: I need a reel that will 1:either have a manual retraction handle or auto retraction 2:either 12Ga or 14Ga wire 3:cord comes off reel rather than having to carry reel to jobsite 4:If auto retraction, must have long term reliable return spring so I don't have to push wire into reel. Would actually prefer manual retraction with winding handle. Number 4 is most important. I will often have cord extended for long periods. I'm looking for reviews from long time users. I've found plenty on the internet, but don't know about reliability. Appreciate your input!

crane operator

If you want the cord to come off the reel, and your going to leave it outside, anything slip ring isn't going to work. Just build a hand crank reel like the pipeliner boys have for their leads.

Anything nema weather proof retractable is going to be pretty expensive.