• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Walkie Stacker Unloading Truck

tessel

Stupid question but here goes. Electric walkie stacker to unload a pallet from truck? Possible? I'm looking at a crown 20MT130A walkie vs a sumitomo 1.5 ton stand on to unload a pallet from a truck. Assuming the pallet weight does not exceed what the walkie can lift, would the walkie be able to do the job? I'm looking at unloading the very occasional pallet (one or two a month) and don't see the point in spending more than I need. My main concern was that the walkie straddle legs on the ground may be blocked by truck tyres. I understand the sumitomo also has legs but they are shorter and it has reach out but costs more and shipping is a lot more. Any feedback?

Last edited:

Delmer

I'd want plenty of 4x4's to set it on to get the forks out, even if it straddles, you might get it off center or some other complication. The truck tires won't be in the way on any rear door of a truck that I've seen. Side of a flatbed, yes the tires could be in the way. This will be on perfectly flat and level concrete, right?

tessel

It's a cement driveway at home, near flat, maybe a few degrees off. Pallets weigh about 500kg / 1000lbs or so. The walkie can apparently do up to 900kg / 1800 lbs or do. It's mainly to get the pallet off the truck, put it on driveway, then I move it under house by hand.

Delmer

Yes, no problem. as long as it's self propelled, or at least has brakes.

tessel

Thanks. Yes, fully electric for movement and obviously lift. Appreciate the help and will report back when I get it.

Delmer

Yeah, I guess you said "stand on", that would make it hard to push...

I have a push model that would work if I had pavement a truck could reach, one 12v battery for the lift only. That's why I mentioned brakes, or power drive, and the slope. Mine works great for a lift inside the shop, I think it was $125 with a junk battery.