• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Walker's work doing's

walkerv

I will be in the shop bright and early monday morning waterpump started leaking on my way home saturday. Tried making a parts list every waterpump option in sis came up contact dealer only one reman option showwed up as instock so i guess i call my favorite parts guy and get a lesson on parts lookup right quick. If. Anyone wants to mess around on sis cuz they are bored ser no ckm43313 , ar 201-6317 v belt style drive.20180624_131807.jpg

Numbfingers

Occupation
mechanic
I will be in the shop bright and early monday morning waterpump started leaking on my way home saturday. Tried making a parts list every waterpump option in sis came up contact dealer only one reman option showwed up as instock so i guess i call my favorite parts guy and get a lesson on parts lookup right quick. If. Anyone wants to mess around on sis cuz they are bored ser no ckm43313 , ar 201-6317 v belt style drive.View attachment 182991
Have you tried looking it up under the "as shipped" function? 2-3 spots down from system and components link. That will help narrow it down for you.

walkerv

Have you tried looking it up under the "as shipped" function? 2-3 spots down from system and components link. That will help narrow it down for you.
Yeah that got me the contact dealer choice , and in reman search shows no waterpump even though i know it exists.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Well from what I see the original "as shipped" pump was a 120-8402. That appears to have changed to a 365-2134 which in turn went to a 352-2157 which has a Reman number of 20R0586 and a "Classic" number of 4330441. The Reman number shows as $245+core of about $200, Classic $237 and no core.

All that said I'd still run it by your local dealer. Also noticed there was a service bulletin that mentioned an updated clamp that referenced the CKM serial number you might want to have them look up for you.

Not that it will help you but both the Reman and Classic numbers are on the shelf at my local dealer in Syracuse.

walkerv

Well from what I see the original "as shipped" pump was a 120-8402. That appears to have changed to a 365-2134 which in turn went to a 352-2157 which has a Reman number of 20R0586 and a "Classic" number of 4330441. The Reman number shows as $245+core of about $200, Classic $237 and no core.

All that said I'd still run it by your local dealer. Also noticed there was a service bulletin that mentioned an updated clamp that referenced the CKM serial number you might want to have them look up for you.

Not that it will help you but both the Reman and Classic numbers are on the shelf at my local dealer in Syracuse.
You got the reman number correct . What was the updated clamp for? They had. They the reman on the shelf also when the contact dealer thing showes up i end up talking to my parts guy he needs to show me how that works some evening when i go buy there before he leaves .im glad im hourly doing that pump and tstat and a new water pump belt in a gmc chassis sucks .

walkerv

So my truck is fixxed same day i got it done other mechanic broke his crane, then last week boss man truck died emmissions related , so im in only truck with working crane and a pressure washer on board , my build a mack truck kit has been put on hold for a little bit .

walkerv

Been awhile like 8 years since i worked on a cat in a truck, first time for a water pump on the twin turbo setup , i would rather do the water pump on my service truck again . Not sure what book time is on doing one but it was aggravating me for sure 20180912_171715.jpg

walkerv

Been awhile since i posted . The inclimate weather of florence has finally allowed me to get back on the mack.20180919_122240.jpg set the engine back in it this morning after lunch i intend on getting it in the shop and shade so i can work out the rest of the jigsaw puzzle .

walkerv

Just noticed the twin steer Sheppard p/s box on the passenger side. Heavy wagon you have there.
Yeah we have a couple with set up 4 i think not sure if its speced the same as a michigan special but they do have heavy fronts on them , all 4 are tri axle dumps

walkerv

No time to post or time to think about posting anything, i love my new job but dang i stay busy. Project jigsaw mack is running but not on the road yet , it has several severe and mildly annoying issues due to sitting for over 3 years an example would be the reverser valve on that mack transmission was stuck due to corrosion, after freeing it up and reinstallation i got my forward back and made a couple laps around the yard , couple times of hitting the brakes and i think almost every brake valve is leaking now , gotta love it . Update 2 the parade restoration is coming along nicely now on the twin jd 830's I estimate it will be fully done sometime in january, but we have to move it over to the tiny paintshop bay to make way for the christmas party this friday .20181218_131138.jpg

walkerv

we got it moved out the way its not done but getting there rear tractor has an oil pressure guage line leaking we think and the hydrualic couplers on front tractor wont stay locked they are used for steering . Chrome straight pipes are on order .FB_IMG_1545591144220.jpg

walkerv

Forgot to post this one its a rogers tilt deck , we completely stripped rehosed rewired painted and i redid the brakes on it got rid of the old style parking brakes and installed 3030 chambers and a midland all in one brake valve to run them and got rid of the manual slacks also. Im told the trailer has never stopped that good ever . We did all this in just under 2 weeks but forgot to take a completed picture.20181114_201612.jpg 20181114_221509.jpg