• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Walker's work doing's

walkerv

Here is probably my last major project. I probably overwelded the new tooth adaptors like a mofo but i was practicing and sayying good bye to my suitcase setupIMG_20180323_114043_hdr.jpg

ETER

Walker, sounds like you are coming in to the final stretch! Hope you're last week goes well (no hard feelings wise). What are you using for a wire feeder? Regards, Bob

walkerv

Walker, sounds like you are coming in to the final stretch! Hope you're last week goes well (no hard feelings wise). What are you using for a wire feeder? Regards, Bob
Last week should go fine not sure what imma do as I'm taking my tools out of the truck today or tomorrow and putting them into my truck that should be sitting at the house Monday nite , I only have one little twist of the knife left in me but I have to email Benefits side of the company and see if the 70 hrs vaca time im showing as a balance is fully vested so I can cash or out or not . Ok on too your question I have a miller engine drive trailblazer 325 gasoline on the truck and a mig capable miller 12rc suitcase. I have only run 2 wires I it to date Lincoln 71m dualshield in 1/16 and some lincoln .045 hardfacing flux core wire that I open arced . I coulda used the the shop wire welder but whats the fun in that .

ETER

70 hours, holey crap! That's a chunk of change. My neighbor has a 12rc that runs real nice... my LN25 has been glitchy after running around the 300 amp range lately, it has the contactor and I am pretty sure I have been staying below the 60% duty cycle so not sure what the deal is (current will drop off almost like it's derating?).
I really like the dual shield wire (makes me look like I know what I'm doing), but haven't run any hard facing wire yet.
Regards, Bob

walkerv

70 hours, holey crap! That's a chunk of change. My neighbor has a 12rc that runs real nice... my LN25 has been glitchy after running around the 300 amp range lately, it has the contactor and I am pretty sure I have been staying below the 60% duty cycle so not sure what the deal is (current will drop off almost like it's derating?).
I really like the dual shield wire (makes me look like I know what I'm doing), but haven't run any hard facing wire yet.
Regards, Bob
The welder i the shop is an ln 25 also i think buts its sitting on a 225 amp power source know I have about fried it before doing some heavy welds on the horizontal wood grinder

walkerv

Regards, Bob
Shop wire feed is an old LN-7 I was way off lol 225 power source was correct. ... 70 hrs is a fair chunk vested for it only being end of March but I have been there 8 years I got vacation time every year I always. Cash out I have no want to use it most of the time it is used on taking my wife to appts

walkerv

20180327_185141.jpg Got my new ride to the house now i can get it loaded up and organized. I have work waiting on me for monday walked some of the truck fleet casually saw 3 outta phase drivelines that need fixxen asap

Reactions: DB2

ETER

Congrats, your new office looks pretty nice! (Must have a C7?) You sound like my buddy, he can see an out of position yoke a mile away.
Regards, Bob

walkerv

Congrats, your new office looks pretty nice! (Must have a C7?) You sound like my buddy, he can see an out of position yoke a mile away.
Regards, Bob
3126 and it runs pretty nice. Just needs a steering shaft ordered I didn't like. Walking the steering wheel back and forth on the way home

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Not a bad looking ride at all. I've got a 12RC and a 12VS. Had the RC first when I had the airpak. When it went back to Miller I had no use for it until I got the XMT for the shop. I am welder POOR! Haha.

Good luck man hope it's all good and you get a far check for your vacation time!

walkerv

Not a bad looking ride at all. I've got a 12RC and a 12VS. Had the RC first when I had the airpak. When it went back to Miller I had no use for it until I got the XMT for the shop. I am welder POOR! Haha.

Good luck man hope it's all good and you get a far check for your vacation time!
Yeah buddy. This rig is the spare with a currently broken bobcat.payroll emailed me it will be payed out.

walkerv

Oh, that's always nice when you don't have to fight for it.

How's your luck with 3126s over there? Around here they and the C7 are a four letter word.
You know they have there certain problems like cam follower gaskets. Oil cooler gaskets .injector cups, and the occasional heui system catastrophic failure but personally I have good luck with them . My service truck at work now is an untouched c7 with 19k hours on it just has a couple minor leaks

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I kind of wonder if it is not our terrain out here, it seems you are either going up or down a 7% or 15% or even 30% grade and the wimpy little engine is straining its guts out. And maybe poor drivers forget to shift and let it overspeed on them. I don't know what the territory is like where you are but that is just a theory I have had. I know I visited Missouri and the Ozark "mountains" are what we would call a meadow around here. Just a thought.

walkerv

I kind of wonder if it is not our terrain out here, it seems you are either going up or down a 7% or 15% or even 30% grade and the wimpy little engine is straining its guts out. And maybe poor drivers forget to shift and let it overspeed on them. I don't know what the territory is like where you are but that is just a theory I have had. I know I visited Missouri and the Ozark "mountains" are what we would call a meadow around here. Just a thought.
Could be it isn't flat here but the hills are little short ones some are steep but you aren't on them long

walkerv

Last day at work played with the morbark 4600 for a couple hrs triing a few things and training the fill in guy on what to look at as far as wear parts and what to do when and how often . Was a crash course in grinder maintenance for sure . If he stays with the company I have my doubts I know I will get a phone call or 2 on it which is fine when they decide to grind wood again .

crane operator

I kind of wonder if it is not our terrain out here, it seems you are either going up or down a 7% or 15% or even 30% grade and the wimpy little engine is straining its guts out. And maybe poor drivers forget to shift and let it overspeed on them. I don't know what the territory is like where you are but that is just a theory I have had. I know I visited Missouri and the Ozark "mountains" are what we would call a meadow around here. Just a thought

Aw, come on birken, we've got some hills here, you just weren't in the right spot.

I will say that we don't have near the super long grades that you find out west, but we've got some short steep ones.

This hill is on the same ridge that my shop is on, about a mile away from my shop. It's about the same grade that my shop hill is at, my shop hill road has two spots in it that are a little steeper than this one, and my hill has curves in it, this one is a straight shot. My shop hill isn't posted for grade, and if you can't quite make out the sign, it says 19% grade for this road. And it isn't the steepest road I go up and down, it's just the only one around that's marked.

20180328_104244.jpg

hvy 1ton

Missouri doesn't believe in cut and fill road construction. You don't gain much in elevation, but every hill is straight up one side and straight down the other. My high school buddy is heavily involved in historic cars and some how got roped in to a project to drive a Model T from NYC to LA. He had more trouble with grades in MO than anywhere else along the trip.

walkerv

I feel like have rearranged everything 5 times . Still have one more tool box to unload thankfully not much in it just specialty stuff 20180401_192447.jpg 20180401_192502.jpg 20180401_192438.jpg

Old Doug

[QUOTE="walkerv, post: 740615, Got my new ride to the house now i can get it loaded up and organized. I have work waiting on me for monday walked some of the truck fleet casually saw 3 outta phase drivelines that need fixxen asap[/QUOTE]
I think they send out trucks from the factory like this.I have worked on trucks that had outta phase drivelines and the recoreds didnt show ever haveing the drivelines apart.