• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Waldon wheel loaders

fendtman

looking for a cheap small loader, anyone have experince with a waldon 7000 to 8500 model waldon loaders. need at least a yard bucket, in compact size.

surfer-joe

It's been a few years, but yeah, I operated one in Colorado that we used for miscellanous work around an asphalt paving crew. The paver, the loader, and the roller could all be hauled on one trailer.

The Waldon was powered by a Ford industrial 4-cylinder diesel. Hydrastatic drive, no cab or ROPS. They are faster than a skid-steer and seem to have higher reach, I could load tandem dumps with it. It had a two-speed drop box in it.

Noisy, smoky, and leaked oil and fuel everywhere, but was usually reliable. Worked well for cleanup around the paver or dumping hot mix in tight areas in refineries or around buildings and some of the goofy-designed parking lots we paved. The articulation joint in it was badly worn, so it tended to buck a little, seat was none to comfortable.

laketreefarm

Occupation
Owner
Waldon

We have a Waldon 5000 which is a tank. Does not dig well. No down pressure. But is a great super hd yard loader. Always starts even in coldest weather. Had one repair in 10 years. New starter. 1" thick fenders make it bullet proof in yard operations. Most parts are available at NAPA as Waldon uses lot's of off-the-shelf parts. They are top heavy so do not use on slopes. We rolled ours crossing a ditch line our other loaders would have crossed easily. It sat there on it's side still running. ROPS saved the operators life (me). Rolled it back over and continued to work it.

red star

i own 2 of them both 6000 series the run circles around skidsteers for npushing snow the problem with them is nit seems the hydrlolic pumps nseem to go on them the pumps are not hard to get to but pretty expensive