• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

wacker st-50

searcyfarms

anyone with experience with one of these my biggest concern out of the gate would be dealer support - other thoughts ?

Txhayseed

Ive never been a wacker fan period. Dealer support is kinda a lame duck term when it comes to wacker. Lots of wacker dealers out there but most are just that.. A sign, some product for sale but skilled mechanics...eh not so much.

searcyfarms

thanks for the message, i was kind of thinking the same thing and with something that expensive and using it for a business you better have support - i dont know a thing about those engines either like the kohler/briggs diesel ? wonder how those are holding up ? Looks like a novel attempt to make something competitive but how well do they really work? Especially for mulching work

Txhayseed

Kohlers seem to be holding up but it would not be my first choice in a power plant. We have had some powered dumpers with the kohlers. They dont seem very refined for trying to compete in the compact equipment market. Idles ruff very clanky even for a diesel. Very lightweight in build and components. Probably fine for a zero turn lawn mower or turf equipment. But in a skid steer/mini x I would prefer something with a better pedigree behind it. If your planning on running a mulching head I would go with a Proven power package and machine for sure.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I can say this, the Kohler warranty is well beyond everyone else it its class.

Txhayseed

Maybe a good warranty but have you ever tested to be a certified kohler tech and operate as a kohler certified repair center ?? I have and still do. A runaway circus monkey can pass it and be labeled by kohler as a certified repair center with a certified master technician. Warranty is only as good as the guy the with the wrench in his hand and the local kohler proxy rep who gets to make that call.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Why would I ever test to be certified Kohler tech?

searcyfarms

Interesting - I would not want to be a tech on them but would hope they would hold up. We dont have good dealer support here like other brands so not sure I would want to be my business on one for that reason. I would like to rent one to test with but I have not been able to do that either. I have another place I will call and see what they say maybe I can get a demo on one. I would like to possibly find a Deere demo and a Wacker Demo on the mulcher head to see what they are like. The ASC dealer doesnt have one at all to try and neither does Tak, they are all out of machines.