• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wacker RTSC2 transmitter button failure

RenoHuskerDu

My vibrating trench roller got harder and harder to turn on. The guy I bought it from warned me that the power button on the transmitter is trouble. I wound up having to push on it like crazy with my Leatherman.

Took the transmitter apart today and that button has already been replaced.

Anybody have an RTSC2 and fixed this issue? I don't want to buy another button from Wacker, that only lasts a year or so and costs an arm and a leg. If that critter is just a momentary switch, I can wire in another kind of button.

IMG_20200506_181141__01.jpg IMG_20200506_181131__01.jpg

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
My vibrating trench roller got harder and harder to turn on. The guy I bought it from warned me that the power button on the transmitter is trouble. I wound up having to push on it like crazy with my Leatherman.

Took the transmitter apart today and that button has already been replaced.

Anybody have an RTSC2 and fixed this issue? I don't want to buy another button from Wacker, that only lasts a year or so and costs an arm and a leg. If that critter is just a momentary switch, I can wire in another kind of button.

View attachment 216945 View attachment 216946
They went to rubberized switch .But should not have to push that hard on the switch . It should just sense your finger on
it .

RenoHuskerDu

I found a momentary switch on fleabay that fits in there, hot glued it in, works like a charm now.