• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wacker RD12 questions

Husaberg

Purchased a relatively new roller at auction
Everything seems to work ok except
1. Machine stutters in reverse. Weird because it's very smooth and direct in forward. Still works but not sure what would cause problem only in reverse
2. Opened hood after using it for 3-4 hours and noticed hydraulic fluid bubbling and overflowing from tank. See pic 1. Any ideas here?
3. Finally, I have the manual and it talks about changing the hydraulic oil and filter. See pic 2. Unfortunately, there is no such section. See manual. See Does anyone have a manual that includes this information?

Attachments

• Wacker.png
    Wacker.png
    532.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Wacker 2.png
    Wacker 2.png
    672.4 KB · Views: 9
  • RD12_Repairs_Manual.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 2

DeereJohn

Hydraulic filter is inside the plastic screw cap on the tank. Be very carful when re-installing, its a PITA to remove if the plastic hex breaks off.

If it is overfilled it will come out of the brass breather on the tank when warm.

Sounds silly, but lift the scrappers off the roller and move it back and forth, see if you still haver the problem. As they wear, the angle to the drum increases causing it to bind.

Husaberg

Thank you DJ
It is possible it tank was overfilled
I will check the scrapers

Tags

Also, make sure some genius that previously used it didn't try to fill it up with gas, but decided to put the gas into the hydraulic tank instead of the gas tank… Don't ask me how I know this…