• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wacker RD11A no vibrator.

antpoo

Hi all

I just loaned my roller to one of my mums friends in perfect order and collected today 8 days later and it does not vibrate. He told me it never worked which although possible, considering I used when I dropped it off to him it seems highly unlikely.

I’ve tested the two leadsgoing to the button and I have power, although it seems to light circuit tester constantly if button pressed or depressed. Does anyone have ideas? I was reading a thread about an exciter, not sure what that is, but will no doubt find out soon enough.

Thanks

Regards
Andy

antpoo

Hi all

I just loaned my roller to one of my mums friends in perfect order and collected today 8 days later and it does not vibrate. He told me it never worked which although possible, considering I used when I dropped it off to him it seems highly unlikely.

I’ve tested the two leadsgoing to the button and I have power, although it seems to light circuit tester constantly if button pressed or depressed. Does anyone have ideas? I was reading a thread about an exciter, not sure what that is, but will no doubt find out soon enough.

Thanks

Regards
Andy
Update, switch appears in perfect order right up to the solenoid. I’m guessing perhaps solenoid is faulty.

antpoo

Update, solenoid functional, tested with screwdriver. Hydraulic oilflows to manifold from pump, and I took one hydraulic hose of exciter motor and oil flowing strong when I turn key. Possibly exciter motor damaged?

I will have to pull off tomorrow and check.

Last time I lent this machine it cost me$300 for new throttle cable ,, now this. Lesson learnt, Do Not Lend!!

wlhequipment

Occupation
Mechanic
I know this is a pretty old thread, but did you get to a resolution? I’ve got an RD12 that’s not vibrating like it should and the manual leaves something to be desired.

antpoo

Hello

Yes I did. The solution was the little yellow ‘coupler sleeve’. If was not expensive and it was very simple repair. It is a crucial component for the vibration. I’ll attach photos. Part number on label.

Attachments

• IMG_2588.jpeg
    IMG_2588.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0