1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Wabco scrapers at work

Discussion in 'Scrapers' started by stepp3360, Jan 6, 2008.

1. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    Sounds like several problems to me, need to find out if the weak phase starts at the generator output first, If the stator has a bad phase that can get expensive fast.
    I will try to make some time to give you a call tomorrow and give you some ideas of things to check out.

2. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Almost Retired
    Also wondering if there is not a short or a weak service wire issue going on here.

RZucker likes this.
  3. Arlington Farms

Arlington Farms Member

update im checking at the contact and then comparing to gen out put at generator and in getting same voltage at both places ..... but sometimes i see 230 230 160 ..... and then other times i test i will see like 165 165 165 it will be the same at both places ... im talking to a gentleman that says i need transformers ... any thoughts and does anyone have any ?

4. Arlington Farms

Arlington Farms Member

another update ,,, looks like generator test good when unhooking transformer and testing gen alone bout 300 volts across all 3 phases

RZucker likes this.
  5. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Almost Retired
    Transformer could have a intermittent to ground or a failed winding Tap point. Are still a FEW and not sure if any around you electrical shops that will rewind the old ones. Last dry pack I had my hands on was rebuilt in East St Louis IL, they are long gone.

RZucker likes this.
  6. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    Talked with the OP this afternoon for awhile and I'm leaning toward a diode failure in the booster rectifier. He says he's not getting any more than 24V DC at the field connections, with a load from an unloaded elevator that should go up to 60, even 80V from the starting surge. He mentioned the rectifier is converted to a diode bridge from the old plate rectifiers, but the bridge is in the old oil tank without cooling oil. Uncooled diodes are no Bueno. Later machines with diodes placed the diodes in the air cleaners for positive cooling. We'll see what he finds next. He's going to use some long leads on the multimeter to check the 3 phase harnesses.

DMiller likes this.
  7. weaknees

weaknees Well-Known Member

Earthmoving Contractor
    This thread has been quiet for a while...
    I am currently building a dam in Central NSW, using two 222G's. It's the first job since buying them, having some teething troubles but have shifted 50,000 ccm so far, 65,000 ccm to go.

Attached Files:

Tinkerer, Gord229, DMiller and 2 others like this.
  8. weaknees

weaknees Well-Known Member

Earthmoving Contractor
    Uploading woes..

Attached Files:

Gord229, DMiller, Tones and 1 other person like this.
  9. Tones

Tones Senior Member

Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired

Buddy and DMiller like this.
  10. Tones

Tones Senior Member

11. Tones

Tones Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021