• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wabco - c pull

td25c

Here are a few pictures of my wabco.It's amazing how far ahead of thier time they were.It's powerd by an 8 V 71 detoit,backed up by a 300 volt 3 phase generater and 5 speed tranny.The steering and load chain are powered by electricity.It works great.

Attachments

• scan0029.jpg
    scan0029.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 3,658
  • scan0030.jpg
    scan0030.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 3,704

d9ripper

Occupation
Dozer operator
yes i operatedone about 6 yrs ago when i Lived in Columbia S.C. it was what i call a hoss it had alot grunt power pure Horse Power

td25c

Nice pics. What years were these made with that electrical setup?

I'd say wabco used this setup from the middle 1950's to the mid 1970's The later models used a tourque converter.Mine is a 1962 model.Wabco had a plant in peoria ILL.I dont use it often ,but when I need it ,it's handy.You would think whith all the wiring,transformers,rectafiers,swiches that it would be a nightmare.But I dont have much trouble with it.

frankderrico

Hey 25c, I like your c-pull it looks twice the size of my 111A. I'm still wrenching on mine. I have been doing other things the last couple of days, plowing, discing, etc. This weekend I should get back to the scraper. I'll let you know how it goes. Your pics make me want to run it:).....Frank

111A and D pulls

Your C pull is beautiful. We ran D pulls and 111A's and a 222F and a 222G. You will never find a machine that will out grade these. Very little motor grader work behind these Wabcos. For an all elecric machine hey were awsum. With the proper care they will work trouble free until they wear out. Then they are rebuildable. We still have 6 of them parked in the field, and we quit road work nearly 6 years ago. Do you want any of them? normand43@verizon.net

td25c

Thank's guys for the nice comments.It's an old c-pull that just wont quit.Wabco built them for the "long haul".It's one of my favorite tools to operate.I look at the self loading scraper as a Dozer,grader,dump truck,compaction roller,and finish tool combined into one piece of equipment.In good conditions,one man can move alot of dirt in a day and have a nice finished grade when he's done.The 3 phase motors without brushes are almost indesructable.The steering is fast and responsive.I like the wabco's.

dstewart1934@gm

Your C pull is beautiful. We ran D pulls and 111A's and a 222F and a 222G. You will never find a machine that will out grade these. Very little motor grader work behind these Wabcos. For an all elecric machine hey were awsum. With the proper care they will work trouble free until they wear out. Then they are rebuildable. We still have 6 of them parked in the field, and we quit road work nearly 6 years ago. Do you want any of them? normand43@verizon.net

I have a Wabco D pull scraper I am in need of a rectifier numbers T F 577 and 613956 do ypu have any parts also I might be interested in the purchase of one of the units you have in the field my
name is Don Stewart Email is donnibrookfarm@gmail.com cell phone 740 207 0957 O live ib Pataskala Ohio it is near Columbus Ohio

CatGrader

Occupation
Grader Operator
My father had a C Pull years ago. ( Had V PULL PAINTED ON THE SIDE) She took of one day ( Dropped the alternator of the back of the motor and ran into a tree. 2nd gear to Lucky. The last mek'o hadn't tightened the bolts up properly ) Apart from that she was a GEM. Beautiful Tractor mate look after her.

td25c

014.JPGThat sounds like a wild ride your father took on the C Pull CatGrader.Is it possible your fathers scraper had (V Power) painted on the side.We gave the old C Pull a makeover last summer with paint & decals and they used (V Power) decal on the side of the tractor unit.We had a lake job in july 2011 I used the wabco on.Had about 25,000 yards for the dam,most of the hauls were 400 to 800 feet.Perfect job for the wabco.In the picture I was diging the keyway.The old pull worked great....Hard to belive its 50 years old & still hauling.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Not to change the subject of thread...but...where the heck you been TD? You've had us worried stupid! Welcome back. :)

CatGrader

Occupation
Grader Operator
Yeah sorry Td my bad. It was V Power and LETOURNEAU-WESTINGHOUSE TOURNAPULL exactly like your picture there she had the cab on to.
I got a few pictures here some wares. That tractor you got there looks to be in fine condition. :)

PS glad to see you have your earmuffs on. lol

td25c

We had a pretty busy year in 2011 willie59.I done this lake job in the summer and as soon as I started it the dang cell phone kept ringing for service calls ,welding jobs,few crane jobs and the like.We took care of everyone ok and all went well.Dont worry willie59,I also got to turn some wrenches on the wabco while on the lake job,LOL! We stripped the top soil off ,finnished the keyway,and got to the point where I could just stay on the scraper & haul dirt . Then the worst happend...Noticed smoke out the left bank and slight miss then 20 seconds later the engine locked up tighter than a jug.What happend was a sleeve came apart at the intake ports leaving the upper half in the block & lower half got ground to bits in the crankcase.We call it "Jerkin A Sleeve" , LOL! Long story short I ended up giving the wabco an "in frame" overhaul at the job site.

Attachments

• lake job 004.JPG
    lake job 004.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 2,272

td25c

Nothing like working on a detroit on a job site LOL!

Attachments

• Blair's pictures 364.JPG
    Blair's pictures 364.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 1,605

td25c

I also had a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood shop floor under the wabco willie:lmao

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
And, of course, a shop must have an overhead crane, which a Holmes does nicely.