• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

wa 100 komatsu loader

stven

our 100 is pouring oil out of rear main seal so I pulled the engine and I don't see anything out of the norm I was hoping someone might have exp with this and could help me out with some info Thanks Steve

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
If you saw oil coming out of rear main seal replace it . It doesn’t have to “look” bad to be bad. Check crank for wear ,you may need a speedy sleeve if wear is found.

stven

Yes I know that was a concern because the hyd pump is in the same locate but we did figure it to be engine oil . The problem I have is the oil was really pouring out so I was hoping to see something obvious. It really is a poor set up the way that the seal is in the bellhousing I thought maybe the oil pump press might be to high or the main bearing is so worn that the oil is just shooting out the seal Thank You

rondig

Occupation
excavation
Can u run engine out of machine? Should find leak forsure then lol...but if you have out i would change all seals on both ends plus change tranny seals if any

rondig

Occupation
excavation
Really ok...im out of my league...i just dont know that engine personally at all....every engine i ever saw had a frost plug or cast closed....good luck though i am out of solutions...

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Really ok...im out of my league...i just dont know that engine personally at all....every engine i ever saw had a frost plug or cast closed....good luck though i am out of solutions...
No Rondig, you're on point! ;)He can see the cam and bearing.:eek: the freeze plug must have popped out. It shouldn't be in the bellhousing though, I wouldn't think. Knock a new plug in and move along.