• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

W900a

td25c

Hard to go wrong with an early 80's KW W-900 .

Good quality trucks built for the long haul of time.:cool:

Truck Shop

Good for you those are classics for those years. One I drove in 1979, it's a 78. Took this picture at Dunnigan rest area north of Sack-a-Tomatoes, Cal.

Truck Shop

1978 W900.jpg

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Good for you those are classics for those years. One I drove in 1979, it's a 78. Took this picture at Dunnigan rest area north of Sack-a-Tomatoes, Cal.

Truck Shop

View attachment 179861
Drove a similar '79 with an 8V-92 that was running at 500 HP, first couple of trips I got into big trouble over the fuel consumption. What's the fun of having good HP if you aren't allowed to use it? :rolleyes:

td25c

Myself, I preferred an old Pete 359... The clutch pedal was my biggest bitch with the KW, Way too high and too far to the left.
Sounds weird but that was my dislike of the KW.

My favorite is the clutch peddle on a GMC ....... :)

DoyleX

Occupation
Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
Myself, I preferred an old Pete 359... The clutch pedal was my biggest bitch with the KW, Way too high and too far to the left.
Sounds weird but that was my dislike of the KW.
Thats my only complaint of the pete. Goofy pedal angle into the floor. Hard to use your heel as the hinge.