1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

W900A front axle brakes??

Discussion in 'Trucks' started by 3rdGenDslWrench, Nov 16, 2011.

1. 3rdGenDslWrench

3rdGenDslWrench Well-Known Member

Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic/ Truck Mechanic/Aut
    I'm gonna throw this out here just to see what everybody comes up with. I pretty much already know what is going to be cheaper more easy and a whole lot faster:
    Is there a company that sells a kit to add brakes to an axle that never had brakes at all? I'm talking about my W900A...it came from the factor without front brakes, which is fine if you're driving on dry pavement and you drive like you got common sense. But I had to drive it in the rain tonight....and I almost crapped my pants:eek:
    More than likely I'm going to end up swapping out the whole front axle assembly for 2 reasons....#1 being the brakes and #2 to add power steering. Right now this is the cheaper easier and faster solution.
    I'm just wondering if anybody out there has done something like this before. The holes are already there and tapped for the spider brackets.

2. muzy

muzy Well-Known Member

I have logged a few miles and do not have an answer for you. But how would front brakes help in the rain? muzy

3. 3rdGenDslWrench

3rdGenDslWrench Well-Known Member

Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic/ Truck Mechanic/Aut
    Because that's where all the weight is. I forgot to mention this truck isn't a work truck so it bobtails most of the time. I bought it as a project to fix up. Now and then a friend of mine works for a warehouse and I'll help him out jockeying a few trailers around the yard for him.

4. muzy

muzy Well-Known Member

Well I never would have thought of that. Bobtail or empty trailer......no wonder I was sratching my head. LOL.
    Jockeying trailers with no PS, hope you get some help here. Thanx for the answer. muzy

5. Sparkie

Sparkie Well-Known Member

Should just be aable to order the parts