• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

volvo skidsteer

moosefd

Anyone have any experience with the newer Volvo skid steers. Are they exactly the same as a JCB any thoughts good or bad. thanks

mountainlake

Occupation
sawmill operator
I bought a MCT125c 4 months ago, a 2012 with 930 hours for $23000. I use it around my sawmill and really like it, great viability, real easy to get in and out of, can leave the forks up for stacking lumber, silky smooth controls. Travel speed is a little slow, not a 2 speed. It's rated at 2600# but I picked up a 5500# log with it and a 4500# stack of lumber. No idea on reliability yet but Volvo make a lot of good equipment.

durallymax

I bought a MCT125c 4 months ago, a 2012 with 930 hours for $23000. I use it around my sawmill and really like it, great viability, real easy to get in and out of, can leave the forks up for stacking lumber, silky smooth controls. Travel speed is a little slow, not a 2 speed. It's rated at 2600# but I picked up a 5500# log with it and a 4500# stack of lumber. No idea on reliability yet but Volvo make a lot of good equipment.

ROC and tipping weight are much different, tipping weight on that machine is close to 8,000lbs.

Volvo makes great equipment, but JCB builds everything on these.

They are not bad machines overall, have their advantages and disadvantages that each person likes. You can pick them up fairly cheap sometimes. The people that really seem to like them are the sole operators of them and often work alone as well and don't put thousands of hours on.