1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Volvo... Recognize this switch?

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by Kevin Cohrs, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Kevin Cohrs

Kevin Cohrs Well-Known Member

The other day I found this rocker switch located under a plastic cover. Not exactly sure what it controls... Machine is a Volvo EC460B. Seems to be a 3 position switch and looking at the sticker diagram is has to do with the speed of something? Any ideas appreciated!!

Attached Files:

2. Paul Council

Paul Council Senior Member

One switch is for two pump flow or single pump flow. That is for auxiliary options like a hammer or shear. The other will bypass the computers allowing for you to start the machine and idle up if you have a ecm fail.

mg2361 and Mark250 like this.
  3. Kevin Cohrs

Can you explain more about the two pumps or single? So that only would be used with an auxiliary option?

4. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    That marked as emergencey is that of speed control three postions the other is V-ECU bypass
    Kind regards
    Uffex

upload_2020-8-9_9-23-44.png upload_2020-8-9_9-23-44.png

Leroyb and LACHAU like this.
  5. Kevin Cohrs

So if I understand that correctly you should be able to select 3 different speeds for the digging functions??

6. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day Kevin
    May I explain you have the possibilty to bypass the V-ECU this provideds a method of operation in the event that
    it fails (Usefull for trouble shooting also) . You can select this by the two position switch default is auto note in manual the display and engine speed cntrol no longer work so the engine speed is then controlled by the three position switch - default idle - back about 80% - forwards engine kill, I hope this explains your machine appears to be devoid of two pump control according to the photo. i hope this explains but if you have a question please come back.
    kind regards
    Uffex

Leroyb and Paul Council like this.
  7. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    I have checked the achives this may be a better explanation.
    Kind regards
    Uffex

Attached Files:

Mark250 likes this.
  8. Ben Witter

Ben Witter Senior Member

The black switch is your auto/manual mode selector, The other switch selects either idle or full throttle with a momentary position to shut the engine down,

Mark250 likes this.
  9. Paul Council

Paul Council Senior Member

I didn't see it when I first looked at the image. Either the switch for two pump flow is fallen inside the console or you don't have that option.

mg2361 and Mark250 like this.
  10. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Yes I must admit the photo caught me with the same initial impression.
    KR
    Uffex

Paul Council likes this.