• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo paver parking brakes not holding

msllc

I had a low-boy driver inform me today that the parking brakes on one of their Volvo # 4410 pavers do not hold well when loading onto their Landoll trailer. I told him that I did not know how to adjust those brakes, but I would do some research to try & figure it out so I could do this adjustment. Can some body advise me what I should be looking for, please??

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
There is no adjustment to my knowledge. It is hydraulic drive with spring apply park brake. If its crawling on its own when on incline, the brakes must be rebuilt. There should be a switch on the console. With the park brakes applied, it shouldn't move with the FNR lever.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You might check with the operator of the machine instead of the gear jammer. I've had plenty of truck jockeys tell me about supposed problems only to find out they didn't have a clue as to how something works.

Ben Witter

As stated there is no adjustment. They are spring applied Hyd. released. You need to check them to see if they will drive through the breaks in hi range. It will drive trough in lo range and damage the brakes. Does the park brake light come on when you bring the propel levers back to neutral?

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
You may want to check that linkages are not worn to the point that when it says it’s in neutral it actually isn’t.
I’ve had this happen many times.