• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

volvo paver generator

buckhornspice

Replaced voltage regulator has 3 adjustment screws 1 for voltage 1 for hz and not sure what the 3 one is for labeled as stab anyone know correct procedure for adjustments

buckhornspice

if i remember right its a 2011 or 12 model 5500, we bought it new and have had several electrical issues with this machine

Ben Witter

It should com preset. You shouldn't have to mess with it.

The only thing I would check when installing it is that it is set to 60hz. I think that's around the 2-3 o'clock position but it's been a while since I touched one. If you install it and then test it and it's not right you can then worry about adjustments.

Why did you change it out? They usually are not the issue.

Last edited:

buckhornspice

voltage regulator had blown, removed generator and took to a shop for repairs, they found only the regulator was blown, now for some reason we can't get the voltage we need to stay constant, when you kick in the heat bars it drws down the voltage in half, ive tried to increase it but cannot get the 240 we need

Ben Witter

The Hz dial should be set at #3 (zero 60hz). Have you checked what Hz it is running at? Voltage should be set at 240 on each leg. If it is dropping that low I think something else is wrong. Have you checked the voltage at the generator to see if the voltage drops there the same as at the heat bars?