1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Volvo MT2000?

Discussion in 'Mills' started by Dice, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Dice

Dice Member

Anyone ever been around a Volvo MT2000 milling machine? I Haven't heard much about them. Does anybody have any info or opinions about this machine?

2. Wonderbread

Wonderbread New Member

Mt2000

Use the search function , I believe their is some information about them here. They are based off of IR mills, some people seem to like them. The early ones have problems with the safety features on the tracks being overly sensitive. They seem to be a lot of machine for the money to me. Volvo had a pair of new overstock last year that we considered buying, the work fell threw so we did not purchase. I wish we would have, they we 2013 new for around 350,000.

3. andoman

andoman Well-Known Member

They're not a bad machine but the controls are overly complicated as are the safety features. They use the same control box as the smaller mills and it takes some getting used to if you're used to using writgen products.

4. Dice

Dice Member

We've been running an old Cat pm 465. Had pretty good luck with it. But I can't get new grade/slope controllers. And nobody wants to work on old electronics. The Volvos seem to be priced more reasonable than most.

5. andoman

andoman Well-Known Member

It's because they stopped making them and support is spotty. I've had to figure most stuff out myself. I'd pass unless you're really good working on your own stuff.