• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

volvo L45B ecu reader

promax

I am looking to buy a ecu reader for a volvo compact loader L45B.Is there a reader available,if so who sell one.I would like to read the error codes. Any info would be welcome.thanks

Steve 650

already saw a kit on e bay for 1500$. (wire from the machine too the laptop) your gonna need a laptop too. unless your gonna use it every day it dosen't worth the price. You have to paid a licence each year for software updates and technical bulletin for service codes...

Ben Witter

A far as I know there is no "code reader" available to access error codes on the L35B. The codes can be retrieved from the display with a procedure your dealer can provide you with.

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Volvo protects their software very well, any so called program you see online will not work period. Don't be fooled I work at a dealership and the software is tied to dealer number, laptop serial number and your VDN user ID. . What errors are you getting?

promax

thankyou all for your replies. i now know the icu does the diagnostics and gives the error codes.my problems are lights ,signal lights, not starting and the icu going completely dead. 2 new boards have been installed.this is a L45b.every time the dealer works on the machine it comes back with other issues. i now have lights not working ,testing i am getting negative voltage in the supply and ground. with the main switch open i still show negative voltage at ground.this is very confusing. any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou in advance .
Volvo protects their software very well, any so called program you see online will not work period. Don't be fooled I work at a dealership and the software is tied to dealer number, laptop serial number and your VDN user ID. . What errors are you getting?

Hydroseed

Did you ever get the problems fixed? I have an L45 B we just put the second circuit board on it in a year and a half. Volvo seems to not care, just changing parts. My symptoms are exactly as you described in your thread. Any advise would really help

promax

re L45b

Did you ever get the problems fixed? I have an L45 B we just put the second circuit board on it in a year and a half. Volvo seems to not care, just changing parts. My symptoms are exactly as you described in your thread. Any advise would really help

good day , no, but i am sure its not the board.i have new problems now with the marker lites not working on 1 side.i now believe it is the main wiring harness. i believe the poking of the wires with the test lite point damaged the insulation causing the problems. i believe the board test the circuits to exact . the board test the circuits on start up, if specs are not right the circuit is shut off. the board is between the switches and the load.if the pin from the board to the load is removed or the not working circuit ,the profot will reset.

Hydroseed

Mine is running!!! Turns out I had a short in the harness to the coolant level sensor. I cut the wire near the ecu and marked it to fix later. We plow snow with this machine and are way behind moving banks back pushed up with trucks.
Thanks out there for the input!