• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC35C Blowing Fuses

wskearley711

Hello,

I have a 2012 Volvo EC35C (~900 hours) that suddenly shut off the other day after a couple of hours of use. The control panel (instrument cluster) would no longer light up or emit audible tones. I found that a 10 AMP fuse in the 'FU11' slot had blown. I replaced the' FU11' fuse and then the control panel (instrument cluster) came to life like it normally does. While attempting to restart the machine, the same 'FU11' fuse continues to blow.

Has anyone experienced this issue with an EC35C? Does anyone have a wiring schematic or any type of diagram that better labels the fuses?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• EC35C Fuse 1.jpg
    EC35C Fuse 1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 32
  • EC35C Fuse 2.jpg
    EC35C Fuse 2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 28

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Front looks weathered what’s the backside look like?

wskearley711

Update: I replaced the fuse and cleaned up the battery connections. I was able to get it started (it would not start earlier with simply replacing the fuse) and the machine idled for a few minutes with no issues (instruments and gauges fully functional). I thought I was in the clear, but as soon as I lowered the arm-rest to start working, the excavator shut down and blew the same FU11 fuse.

Could a faulty stop switch in the arm-rest cause this issue? Are there any other grounding locations that I should check?

@Bls repair I will take a look at the back of the board this weekend.

Thanks to all.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Check wiring in area where arm moves for broken or worn wire.

wskearley711

Update: After a couple of days of searching and running through eighty 10 AMP fuses, I finally found the issue. A few wires had been worn down to the copper (see attached) in some wiring coming from beneath the seat.

We are back in business now!

Attachments

• C518CB75-7701-4702-BE82-82F37A20B793.jpeg
    C518CB75-7701-4702-BE82-82F37A20B793.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26

Tags

That would do it, glad you got it fixed and going again, sometimes it's impossible to track down a short like that....