• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC210BNLC D6D EFE2 engine bogging down

ROAMER_AUS

Hi all!!!

I have a mentioned machine that started bogging down under load. Engine RPM drop down as it raches only 280 BAR of working hydraulic pressure, It can not achielve more than this, on both pumps. If I force the command it stalls the engine. It is also very slow to lift the boom when fully extended, engine struggling.

I checked all hydraulic pumps pressures and they are all OK, including electric solenoid valve on it. All seems OK.

Now engine doesn't produce any black smoke, not even a puff when under heavy load, before it stalls. I was advised that only thing can be is fuel starving.
I was able to check only fuel pressure from the lift pump. 4.2 BAR. In theory it should be 5 BAR, but I think it shoudn't create a problem. I wasn't able to measure after the fuel filter. But fuel filter is new.

Only other thing that comes to my mind is that turbo is not producing enough boost, or sensor is not reading it properly. Therefore computer is not providing enough fuel. But I don't know if this is the case with these engines, do they beahve like this in this case.

I wasn't able to find any boost data for it on PROSIS.

Could anyone provide me with what the boost should be? And how much would that be in voltage from intake manifold pressure sensor?

Many thanks!!!

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Attached may help, I guess FwFuel is on vacation.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• 210B Fuel2 .pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 19