• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC20 serial number missing

JamesS

I have what I believe is a 2001 EC210 since the engine is a Cummins 5.9 with a build date of 2001-01-19.
I would like to know the serial number so I get the correct parts when needed. Is it possible to back into the excavators serial number from the engine serial number (ESN 26279565) possibly the part number / serial number of the cab.

Any advice appreciated.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Your Volvo dealer should be able to help with the engine serial number, back end of Samsung production.
Kind regards
Uffex

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
I think you'll struggle, I've just tried to reverse engineer it by using any serial number from the 3001-9999 range of serial numbers to find the engine serial number on the build sheet and then work either direction till I find the correct engine serial number on the build sheet .... none of the serial numbers in the range 3001-9999 are working to get a build sheet

Gary Layton

When I pressure washed my CAT 320 machine, I discovered the SN stamped into the main frame, back left side, on a vertical surface, what I would call the "left leg of the 'X' of the frame". It is also on a plate on the cab but that is more tenuous than stamped into the frame. A good pressure washing of the frame and diligent looking might find the number on yours.

CAT serial number  SN on frame  (2) resized.jpgCAT serial number  SN on frame  (4) resized.jpg

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Hi James, I just tried the normal way of using the numbers without the 0 so 4457 and it doesn't work..... so tried it with the 0 and it works perfect.
To confirm. you still have the original engine in there if that serial number is stamped onto the engine
see build sheet attached.

Attachments

• EC210LC 04457.pdf
    57.8 KB · Views: 8

JamesS

Hi James, I just tried the normal way of using the numbers without the 0 so 4457 and it doesn't work..... so tried it with the 0 and it works perfect.
To confirm. you still have the original engine in there if that serial number is stamped onto the engine
see build sheet attached.
wow - thanks for the build sheet. That’s really helpful to understand the original configuration. I was hoping to see the option “Flow Control” since it clearly has that solenoid mounted along the rail in front of the pump but the dial for controlling the flow is not under the right armrest. Any thoughts on that?