• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo EC160b

mpaulson22

Well, that's discouraging. You local dealer was unable to help you?

as of now yes, they fixed all the other issues, check the spool, lines, reset all the pressures, checked pressures, there main guy has been gone working on a big outfit so leaves me with some other guy. I did notice they had the mcv apart before I bought it, is it possible be as simple as a hose hooked up backwards? They are gonna try replacing the logicalvalve and throw parts at it until they figure it out and if parts don’t do it they aren’t charging me but still frustrating, I’ve been down for 2 months so I’m open to options and opinions. Just weird all functions work but just the 1 second or so delay in the boom raise and boom lower.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Boom up, one second delay. With throttle in G or H mode, correct? Does this occur in ISO & backhoe control?
Have the boom up control at the spool cap been measured against time? In other words, gauge the control line right at the spool cap, pull RCV back 100% , how long till control oil pressure rises in circuit? Is it immediate or is it delayed? We have to determine where the problem lies before we can pinpoint. It would be ideal to gauge both sides of same spool, that way we can determine if you have some unwanted oil neutralizing your boom spool on the opposite side.
Good luck, keep us posted when you can.