• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo ec160b 128 PID 45 4 code

Scotthitchens

Hey guys I’ve got code 128 pid 45 4 code coming up while running today and can’t seem to find a solution, I know it has something to do with the preheat system but can’t find the glow plug relay

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The preheat relay is located on the front of the fuel tank you have to remove the composite cover.
Kind regards
Uffex

Scotthitchens

Thanks for the speedy reply! Do you happen to know which relay that it is? Only thing I can find is the Ecm and data relay as all the others are for horn, travel, quick connect and light functions!

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Wrong cover. In the battery box above the batteries is a tin guard that is a pain in the butt to remove. Once that's out of your way , you'll see 3 relays. One square, one round and one flat. Typically the square black plastic is the one you'd be after. Make sure the green feedback wire is attached to the grid heater post before getting to crazy

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
You may find the attached useful
Regards
Uffex

Attachments

• 160B preheat.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 19

Scotthitchens

Thanks for all your help guys, fuse 27 is blown and continues to blow if replaces, do I have a short somewhere I’m guessing?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good suggestion work along the system to find the cause do not overlook the eliment if it blows the engine can swallow the bits.
KR
Uffex
Unplug your preheat relay and try again. If the fuse fails. You have a harness issue, if not, you simply need the relay.