• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

volvo ec150 running hot

sandcreek

need some help. My excavator is running hot. The needle gauge says its fine, but the temp sensor and buzzer come on after a few minutes.
I put a heat gun on the motor and it was reading 215-225 degrees. I replaced water pump, thermostat, and radiator cap. Pulled radiator and not much crap in the fins but a lot were damaged. Spent hours straitening what i could and it still is running hot according to the sensor. Is it the radiator, combination of crap internally and some of the damaged fins or is there anything else i can look into? Thanks for any help!

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day sand creek
A few questions what are the temperature of the hydraulic fluid - Hows the induction intercooler system clear - Is there any damage to the hood surrounding the cooler matrix preventing air pulling through.
The engine is not the best unfortunately however if you can answer the points we will try to help you fix the machine. We have some illustrations on file for this machine if you need more help please come back to us at bucketsense@gmail.com
Kind regards
Uffex