• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo A40 BM

still learn'n

I'm looking at a used Volvo A40 2000 year model I believe and the battery voltage light is on and the stop light is flashing on the dash is these correlated with each other? The voltage at alternator and the batteries is 27 volts. So what sets the stop light off? The digital display up by the head liner don't work would that tell me what the problem is?

still learn'n

We decided to pass on it I drove 7 hours with semi to look at it and it wasn't what we thought it was so driving back home empty

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
That's both good and bad. The straight A40's parts support has dropped off significantly. NOS has already been scooped up and good used parts are becoming a challenge as well.
Maybe look at some good used "D" series haulers.

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
if you want significantly higher running costs look D series trucks, its such a same it takes so long and so expensive to ship parts across the pond we have loads of used stock over here lol