• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo A35D

hunterdog967

Occupation
Heavy equipment mechanic
Rock truck not shifting out of 1st anyone have a Service manual serial number is A35DV61235

hunterdog967

Occupation
Heavy equipment mechanic
no warning lights on dash, what I'm told is if she gets going down a slop she will shift into 3rd if speed is there but no second . i bought a service manual but only had time to browse through it and the is no troubleshooting section . just wanted to arm myself with some troubleshooting tactics and gear before i go to machine

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Sounds like 2nd gear apply brake or planetary has failed. Fluid pressure test will reveal. You will need gauges and test fittings. In the service manual under powertrain will be testing procedure. If it's the planet set, it is serviceable in chassis without removing the case.

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
If you can't find the testing and pressures

Attachments

• A35D trans figure 1.pdf
    131.4 KB · Views: 5
  • A35D trans figure 2.pdf
    162.5 KB · Views: 3
  • A35D trans figure 3.pdf
    105 KB · Views: 4
  • A35D trans presure check.pdf