• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo A3000 not building air pressure

fmatemberere

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
Please help, our Volvo A3000 Water Truck is not building air pressure and cannot engage gears or release the park brake. I disconnected the outlet line from the air compressor and started the engine and idle it.. The air compressor is pumping but not sure if the pressure is good enough because I could put my hand on the outlet tube without getting much resistance from the air pressure. How much pressure should I get from the air compressor at idling speed please.

Thank you

BigWrench55

It's been a while since I troubleshot a air system. I would start with the governor first and if that doesn't work then I would suspect the Reed valve on the compressor.