• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo A25 part function?

skadill

Hi I have a 1992 Volvo A25 rock truck,been leaking some oils drips that the hydraulic radiator fan pulls towards it.Pressure washed it ,think it may be this valve to do with cooling maybe,not certain.Not even sure what this valve is.I have the online manuals for the truck,but still cant locate it in there.Anyone have the answer as to what this piece is ?Seems like engine oil blowing around.This valve though seemed to be closest and wettest.IMG_8615.JPG IMG_8616.JPG

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
it is for your fan control if you give a serial number I might be able to get you a part number
upload_2018-1-15_15-20-36.pngupload_2018-1-15_15-22-20.png
Mark

skadill

it is for your fan control if you give a serial number I might be able to get you a part number
View attachment 176944View attachment 176945
Mark
Thank you much!The fan is staying on all the time,and the oil its blowing around with the fan may be hydraulic then not engine,couldnt tell by looking,had all turned black from dirt sticking to it.So that may confirm this valve needs to be changed.very helpful and appreciated!! serial number of truck is 5350-6690

Last edited:

skadill

part number VOE11049702
Mark
Thanks Mark.Volvo Dealer wants $1600.00 plus taxes for one,so re thinking that.seems a bit unreasonable.Would be nice to know the brand name of valve,such as a "parker" or similar,because there is numbers on it,just dont know who makes it.Seems like should only be a few hundred dollars at worst