• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo 6110 paver.

Dice

I found what I think is a good deal on a used 6110 paver. Anyone have an opinion of a 2007 6110 Blaw Knox? :confused:

GregD1

Occupation
Equipment for a paving contractor
Is this a TRUE Blaw-Knox paver before Volvo got their hands on it or is infected with Volvo components ?

Dice

Well I think its a total blaw knox. There are no volvo stickers on it. But no Ingersoll Rand stickers either. Has omni 1000 screed. Cummins engine. Dont know bout the pumps.

Ben Witter

Made by Ingersol Rand. True Blaw Knox machines were gone shortly after the turn of the century.
It depends on what type of paving you do. The Omni100 is not a general purpose type screed. It works better on mainline paving.

It would be better if you knew the history of the machine. Some were good machines and others were not.

andoman

I have not been impressed with the 6110 model pavers. We've found them to be unreliable. The screed is generally a decent screed but the tractor is the problem.