• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo 210c Leaking from. Fitting what is it ? With pics ?

bigrich954rr

Why is there a hole in it ?

Attachments

• DBFB280A-EC1B-46A8-9A1C-DD5D93D42481.jpeg
    DBFB280A-EC1B-46A8-9A1C-DD5D93D42481.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 4C7682B0-6AEC-49F6-B22F-417AC35C14B6.jpeg
    4C7682B0-6AEC-49F6-B22F-417AC35C14B6.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 66

bigrich954rr

I bet it’s something to do with the control circuit and I think it’s coming from that little hole but I’m not sure?

I wanna plug that hole up but I’m betting I shouldn’t?

Looking for all info I can get and is there any kind of pre-load setting or something like that looks like It controls a little valve with a little spring

Ct Farmer

Should be for setting system pressure or a relief pressure setting. Either way you adjust it while you have gauges on the appropriate circuit following an adjustment procedure. Some require remote gauges in the cab so you can operate controls and watch the pressure doing specified moves.

As for the hole, are you sure it is not a hex for an Allen wrench?

bigrich954rr

Arg all things I didn’t want to hear.

I Teflon tape some of the threads gonna let it sit overnight come back and play around a little bit.
I ended up just counting how many turns I pulled them out with

Anyone have a diagram of what all the parts and hoses do

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I don't know anything about Volvo's, but that picture of the leak is coming from your adjustment screw and not from that hole. I would not block that hole nor would I use Teflon tape. That hole is probably there for a reason. Hopefully Funwithfuel or Paul Council will chime in. Those two are the resident Volvo guys.

BigWrench55

I agree with mg2361. Hard to tell but that looks like the port relief valve for the bucket circuit.
Post the serial number and I can look into it.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
That's port relief for option hammer/shear function. there should be a fitting on the tip of that relief for raised pressure. Either that or it should have a plug if there is no option equipment installed. That said, your build list says it was factory equipped with X1 hammer shear so there should be a nipple and hose attached to the end of that relief.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
That relief has to be set twice. Once for low pressure and again for high. You would be able to monitor your pressure right from the display. If this doesn't make sense, you may wanna call an experienced tech in your area.

bigrich954rr

Ok I see what you mean yes it has a fitting and hose on the top of it .

what’s the one next to it . To the left ?

is there any reason it would be leaking or just one of thought things that just break .

I did put a thumb on it ?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
You probably never adjusted the port reliefs on either side when installing the thumb. There is a simple single stage on the bottom of the valve for the B function. The valve that's on top is the 2 stage for A function. Consider this scenario. You close your thumb. Your spool is now centered, oil can't go anywhere. You curl your bucket and impact the thumb. You have 4300 psi or so to curl with. The oil in the thumb has nowhere to go. If the relief is set above 2500 psi, one of 3 things happens. 1, crack the piston/blow the packing. 2, bend the rod. 3, split the can. As strange as it sounds, the hose rarely fails. The relief failing is strange and uncommon. Some serious argument must have occurred between the two cylinders.

bigrich954rr

Yeah the pressures were never reset the tech that came out said I didn’t have to do anything.

Yeah the rod and the Cylinder for the hydraulic ram are both good.

it’s weird that the reliefs is leaking on the stick/boom and thumb/hammer circuits.

I’ll mess around with the other leaking one probably at the end of the week. I’ve slowed the hammer/thumb one down or stopped it can’t tell with the other one leaking

Is there anywhere I can buy the tech manual for this machine.

I did plan on replacing the hydraulic fluid which I’m slowly doing five gallons at a time every week and a half to two.

I spent many years in the military learning and fixing hydraulic circuits. a lot of it coming back to me but having tech manuals would really help

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Your best bet would be to contact the local dealer. Tell them you need the complete service manual for your machine. Unfortunately, it comes in individual sections. It should be 2 or 3 binders full when all is said and done. They are very proud of their service literature. You may even enquire about a customer version of PROSIS . It gives you parts and service literature online. But, its subscription dependent.

bigrich954rr

What screen would I find the psi to adjust the thumb . and I guess screwing it in would increase the pressure.

after I fixed the leak the thumb is way weaker now

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
From the home screen, scroll down to service. Press and hold the enter key. The screen will flash and say, now entering service mode. Then scroll up or down to hydraulic, hit enter, then find pump pressure 1 & 2 . Those are your pump pressure

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
You must be in shear mode. Beforehand. Then you will set your high pressure to 2500 or less. Do not go beyond. I know of no attachment that allows more for a thumb.

bigrich954rr

Ok thank you very much for your help and time.

I will mess with that later.

how do you seal the jam nuts . There no space for a packing and backer ?

Why no Teflon tape on threads of the body ?