• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo 210b reliability

PineTreeAssassin

looking at purchasing a 2006 Volvo 210b. I currently own a an 2006 160b. Been a pretty reliable machine so far for the most part. The 210 has around 4600 hrs. Seems to have been taken care of with no dents and the paint still in decent shape.. gonna have samples pulled on it as well. I know there’s always the chance of catastrophic failure, just wanted to see if anybody had opinions on running a Volvo long term. Thanks guys.

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
I have a 2005 210B with 6000hrs on it still going strong. I have owned it since it had 3200 on it.. No major problems.. The main boom cylinders are starting to seep when it sits. will rebuild them this spring. I have never been into the engine, pumps or final drives. the most expensive breakdown to date is the engine ECU started to act up and had to replace it $4200. Volvo had a service bulletin about it a long time ago. and had some cost sharing program for the ECU when the machines were newer. Otherwise mine has been a reliable machine.

PineTreeAssassin

I have a 2005 210B with 6000hrs on it still going strong. I have owned it since it had 3200 on it.. No major problems.. The main boom cylinders are starting to seep when it sits. will rebuild them this spring. I have never been into the engine, pumps or final drives. the most expensive breakdown to date is the engine ECU started to act up and had to replace it $4200. Volvo had a service bulletin about it a long time ago. and had some cost sharing program for the ECU when the machines were newer. Otherwise mine has been a reliable machine.
That’s awesome man! That engine Ecu sounds scary though! $$$$$$ Sounds like my tcu on the John Deere, lol. I love the b series machines

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
E-ECU, pretty rare . V-ECU pretty common. What type of instrument panel does it have. Analog, darn near indestructible. LCD display, less resilient. Keep the water off the screen, it'll last near forever. Electrical system, biggest weak link. Pumps valves and engine. Very reliable.
FWIW. Hope this helps.