• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vogele Vision Paver

The Tackman

Occupation
Paving Foreman in Atlanta
This is our new paver and so far it has performed very well. I am a huge fan of Carlson Screeds but this Wedge-Lock is changing my view on this type of screed.
c8107ea7.jpg

453a820a.jpg

634f86e8.jpg

andoman

Nice, we're going to look at the track model tomorrow with the same screed. What do you guys think of the tractor?

Smokinjo

Occupation
Equipment Operator for Open Road Paving
Does that one have heated end gates? I was wondering how well they worked if u have them. We saved some old good heating elements off our Cat, and r gonna try to make our own. lol...

andoman

Does that one have heated end gates? I was wondering how well they worked if u have them. We saved some old good heating elements off our Cat, and r gonna try to make our own. lol...

We tried them on a paver this year, and I'd say it's well worth the $1800.00 they want for that option.

The Tackman

Occupation
If you like all the switches on the IR/Blaw-know pagers you won't like this paver. On the other hand if you like new technology you will love this machine.
The screed extensions are heated if thats what you mean. They are bolt on extensions but not as bulky as the extensions for the Road-Tec or IR wedge locks.

telescooper

I operate a Vogele vision, nice tractor. Steering is excellent, good visabilty, a lot of other good features. I don't care for how long it takes to boot up.

What are you calling a wedge screed?

Telescooper

The Tackman

Occupation
I operate a Vogele vision, nice tractor. Steering is excellent, good visabilty, a lot of other good features. I don't care for how long it takes to boot up.

What are you calling a wedge screed?

Telescooper

A wedge lock screed does not have screeds on the gates it has strike-offs only. And if you pave over 12 feet on a mainline you have to bolt on screed extensions because the gates when run out have almost no compaction capability.

The Tackman

Occupation
Our paver has had massive computer/electrical issues. The dealer is replacing the entire operators console and the ECM.