• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vogele Super 1600-3 Compaction Question

vermen

Hi

The company I work for has just brought a new paver Vogele Super 1600-3
I have a question about asphalt compaction...with Our Bawl Knocks and Bitelli pavers I would use a 25% compaction rate
If I was laying 50mm/2in compacted mix10 or mix14 asphalt with the Bitelli/Bawl Knocks and no vibrator or tamper bar running I would add 25%,so before compaction the depth of asphalt would be 62mm/2.5in after compaction 50mm/2in after rolling.

My question is if we are laying 100mm/4in compacted mix20 in one layer with the tamper bar set at 90% what would my pre-compaction rate be?? and this may sound dum but if the tamper bar is set at 90%...what dose this mean??? has my pre-compaction changed from 25% to 2.5%

50mm =??
60mm =??
80mm =??
100mm=??

I hope that makes sense and thanks.