• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Virus Shutdown

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Kind of a two edged sword because if they were to take it back undamaged they might have a little more to sell to someone that needs it because they haven't been able to get any for weeks.

AzIron

Personally I think it's great you hoarded it trying to make quick buck and in your venture to be a super capitalist you mistaked panic for scarcity of goods now your stuck with 200 bucks of tp you dont need and cant really sell

If you want to make money selling tp go start a store otherwise your just an ass my brothers neighbor was trying to scalp tp for 5 bucks a role story was people were throwing there trash at him when they drove by what really frosted me tho was when I went to get 2 packs of diapers like I do about every 10 days and they were all gone and not only that the formula was to now if I find people trying to scalp those items let's just say I have a backhoe

Bumpsteer

Occupation
Mechanical designer
Many stores don't re-stock returned items anymore, load it in a truck and send it to auction...

LOML had the cafe open today, take out only, did a bit better than she expected.

I went to the restraunt supply (Gordons) on wed., they were well stocked and had extra take out boxes in the main aisle.

Ed

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Heading home today and was stopped at a light looked over and saw a bunch of people standing outside what I thought was a hooty bar ;) just checked on google earth it's actually a vape shop in the same building as the 'entertainment' place... so all these people are out side the door telling the person inside what they want cause they won't let them in the place.... with all the respiratory issues with vaping these days you'd think people would use a bit of sense.... and order it online since they are probably a prime target for this virus:eek:
vapeline2.JPG

wornout wrench

Heading home today and was stopped at a light looked over and saw a bunch of people standing outside what I thought was a hooty bar ;) just checked on google earth it's actually a vape shop in the same building as the 'entertainment' place... so all these people are out side the door telling the person inside what they want cause they won't let them in the place.... with all the respiratory issues with vaping these days you'd think people would use a bit of sense.... and order it online since they are probably a prime target for this virus:eek:
View attachment 213252
Candidates for the Darwin awards

Mother Deuce

What if you use it and don't like it???? will they take it back if it is 'unsatisfactory' and 'used'!!!
LOL... used toilet paper??? I, like you have graced the inside of more “sheet houses” then I care to remember. Inside most of them, placed as a public service is some of the worst buttockial tissue known to man and or woman as the case maybe. No matter how poor the quality and how many linear yards of it we may have to use, we are all happy to have it as it beats the alternative typically. Over time most of us have learned that particular product, has somewhat skewed our pre “sheet house“ experience and expectations when it comes to to TP. I have to admit to purchasing a higher quality paper at home than you will find typically at work,(although since someone stole the 2 rolls out of the sheet house at work I may be forced to review my opinion as some douche bag thought it was pretty good apparently.) however should I find that in some hungover or dead tired state I somehow managed to scoop up a pack of “Billy Bob’s Fabulous Recycled Wood Chip Toilet Tissue” I am not returning “used” toilet paper. I am just going to “John Wayne” my way through the adversity and discomfort!:)

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
LOL MD, portalets have been almost a second home facility to many of us and I too not so fondly remember the waxed paper that came on those rolls!! Seems as took yards to get ones self clean enough to exit especially after a weekend of Hockey Game beer food and following up with STL White Castle Belly Bomber Sliders.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
LOL MD, portalets have been almost a second home facility to many of us and I too not so fondly remember the waxed paper that came on those rolls!! Seems as took yards to get ones self clean enough to exit especially after a weekend of Hockey Game beer food and following up with STL White Castle Belly Bomber Sliders.
LOL!!!, 'second home'.... funny you should say that as we find 'homeless' in them all the time doing all manner of who knows what:eek: you'll get to a jobsite in the morning after a long commute and run to the outhouse only to find it locked and some vagrant sleeping in it... or shooting up... any more you have to put a lock on them but then it complicates getting it cleaned and they tend to cut the locks or the hasp part anyways :(

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
In STL have seen them on skids hanging from cranes as used to do with the old welders and compressors!!

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Those things can be nasty. We had one on a mine site job that was out of the way, so it didn't get cleaned very often. I ran into one once, and I would have needed a grade stake to shove the pile over. I use the woods when I can.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Returns on anything may become unlikely as they have found that virus can live for some time in the open air. I can't see some hoarder, thinking of making a future fortune, bringing back anything they think might become scarce.

Mother Deuce

Those things can be nasty. We had one on a mine site job that was out of the way, so it didn't get cleaned very often. I ran into one once, and I would have needed a grade stake to shove the pile over. I use the woods when I can.
I was in a mine in AZ for quite awhile. In the heat they used to get really bad. The guy that owned them also worked in the pit. I went to use one and it would have driven off a rabid goat. I was running a Cat 365 that day and I suggested that if he could not service it a little more frequently. I would be happy to bury it

wornout wrench

Well if we are onto sheet house stories...

One of the nice things about logging is lots of wide open places to do your thing.
But one time the company I was working for was building road for a windfarm.
Huge regulations. They had potties statically placed all through the site.
I was up one evening just before sunset when the call of nature struck.
Oh god, I thought. I hate porta potties.
But off I went.
Well, it must have just been serviced, spotlessly clean, no aroma and the best part was the view. No one around so I blocked the door open.
The windfarm was on top of the mountain and the outhouse had a nice northwest view.
It was stunning.
Best company crap I ever had.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
One of the strangest hotbox experiences I've had was on a small retail project a couple of years ago. Driver dropped it off and filled it up with blue soup.

I had to take a leak so off I go. What ever blue soup they were using smelled like stripper perfume - no sheet.:rolleyes:

Surprised I didn't I have glitter on me when I came out.:D

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
One of the strangest hotbox experiences I've had was on a small retail project a couple of years ago. Driver dropped it off and filled it up with blue soup.

I had to take a leak so off I go. What ever blue soup they were using smelled like stripper perfume - no sheet.:rolleyes:

Surprised I didn't I have glitter on me when I came out.:D

Was the pole in the way?

Welder Dave

I knew a woman who thought recycled toilet paper was actually made from recycled toilet paper. The Gov't. here is trying to stop scalpers from selling toilet paper at a huge increase. I don't know why some places have the super thin 1 ply paper you can see through. You have to use 4 times as much so they aren't saving anything. There's even a few places that still use the little sheets you pull out but they're better than the see through stuff.

I worked at a place that wasn't hooked up to the city sewer system and had a septic tank. It was built in the 60's out in the boonies at the time. You knew when it needed to be pumped because you couldn't flush anymore. You can't flush, you can't use it and there's no other place to go within about a 1/4 mile. It was pumped regularly but when it was full on a hot day it would be pretty rank.