• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Virus Shutdown

Tinkerer

I went to the local CVS store to pick up a prescription and some Tylenol for my wife this afternoon.
I bought the last bottle of Tylenol in the store. They said there has been a buying run on it because somewhere a rumor started that it will help prevent getting Covid19.
The pharmacist said it is absolutely false. There is no data anywhere to support that BS.

AllDodge

I went to the local CVS store to pick up a prescription and some Tylenol for my wife this afternoon.
I bought the last bottle of Tylenol in the store. They said there has been a buying run on it because somewhere a rumor started that it will help prevent getting Covid19.
The pharmacist said it is absolutely false. There is no data anywhere to support that BS.

Agree it is false, what is true and please check for your self (We all should do this), but you don't want to use Ibuprofen if you have Covid19 infection because its a anti-inflammatory, Tylenol is not, so you would use it for pain

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Everything is shut down here. Even the snowmobile clubs have been ordered to stop grooming the trails. Announced today that the school situation will be revisited in April. Grocery stores are down to 12 hour days as most workers come to work while kids are at school.

wornout wrench

I had to hit the stores up today, pick up some perishables.

Some of the shelf's were empty, the TP and paper towel were cleaned out (still not sure why) but all in all no issues getting what I needed.

The one store I go to is very small, too much stuff for the space they are in. Fortunately there were only about 4 people there so no issue at all.

The big chain store was polite. There were 2 teen girls that were being a little inappropriate, not respecting boundaries. I must have given them a pretty decent stink eye because they kept their distance from me.
The check out was perfect. They put tape on the floor with 2 meters/6 feet on it, every 6 feet in the line ups. People were respecting it. Not allowed to use your cloth grocery bags anymore. The will provide new plastic bags no charge. And they will limit items.
I tell everybody I meet now that if they get close enough for me to bop them in the nose I will, so keep your distance.

I had to make a stop at one last store, a restaurant supply. My wife requires straws for drinking so we buy them there, big box of 500. The lady running the store is closing today, going home and isolating herself for the 2 weeks. She said she would only open up to supply restaurants with take out containers but that was pretty much it.

AllDodge

Called our KY Covid19 line and asked if there is any way to determine if someone has had Covid19 and got over it. The answer is NO, which says, unless you were tested when you had it, you will have to spend 2 weeks in Iso if someone close to you gets it. You could be immune but no way to tell

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Made a Wally World run today, wife had Doc appointment for two odd skin conditions on upper lip, dermatologist took sample of one, freeze removed the other. Anyway longer and more boring went to store while in Washington MO, loaded up on burger and some odd meat cuts, frozen chicken, went by the Paper Goods aisle and NOTHING in it. Stocker stated the first to receive is the E-orders as they are pulled early usually as leaves truck then as soon as hit aisle the vultures sweep in. Currently MO Attorney General has sights set of finding the Gougers that stockpiled to sell at extreme pricing. They are also limiting ONE case per a Customer against their address, can send any number of people in but same address they get no sale. Does seem they cannot stop the hoarding even as does the purchaser little good over all.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
They must be building forts in the house. The wife bought a bunch of TP this summer during some sort of sale. Still have enough to keep all three of our butts clean well into the fall. Could probably do the dog and the rabbit too and still have lots

AllDodge

Stocker stated the first to receive is the E-orders as they are pulled early usually as leaves truck then as soon as hit aisle the vultures sweep in.

With all confirming it guess that's the way it is. I'm no where near a place that does it, so maybe when I'm taking a long run I'll try to setup one

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Yes IL went on lockdown as CA has. MO may be in there too. NY State is considering currently.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I'm not surprised that certain US states are doing this, and probably more to follow. At this point in time there is no telling how many undiagnosed cases are out there because apparently there is no national system for recording information and passing to a central agency such as CDC for compilation. So the numbers are probably as accurate as those coming out of China at this point in time. Last numbers I saw there were over 5000 new cases announced in the US today alone.

We're simply being advised to stay at home and avoid social interaction as much as possible. For instance out of the 5 cases so far that have been confirmed in our city of almost 2 million people, every one has been imported from another country. 3 cases were in people recently returned from Spain & France, the other 2 people recently returned from the US.

Tags

Connecticut shut down as of Sunday....not sure how me, by myself, in a machine, effects anyone else....it will certainly effect mine and everyone else's income.....I think I have ALOT of water line repairs coming up....:D....I actually just read the "Executive order" from our Govenor.....Construction/Landscape services are in fact listed as "essential".​

Last edited:

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Went to Costco today and they put us in line to get in. Somethings seemed to not be stacked so high. Plenty of people there for a Friday. They are limiting some items to only one or two per shopper.

Queenslander

Iam sure it’s the same the world over, but here, there’s no shortage of product, just that the supply chain can’t keep up with demand.
Take meat for example, there are almost as many cows in Australia as people, yet supermarket shelves are bare because the hoarders think we are going to run out.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
So, is it better to be in line outside, or spread out through the store?
I've seen those lines and wondered the same. I understand the theory behind it but the application of said theory leaves a bit to be desired if the store lets people congregate outside the door waiting to be let in.
When I saw a line of people waiting outside one of the local supermarkets the other day I simply went elsewhere. Amazingly in another supermarket not 500 yards away from the one with the line there were few shoppers, fully stocked shelves, and no lines either outside waiting to go in or at the checkouts to pay to get out.

Truck Shop

I had to stop at the store today to pickup a prescription and a few items using a basket. At checkout I had a person crowding the hell out of me, no one was keeping any distance from
anyone else in the store. I had had enough and in a rather loud voice said {Back the F&CK OFF}. It startled the others at the check out lines and got their attention. I noticed people
stepping back from others. Then the floor manager walks up-{Sir what seems} I didn't let him finish {Put some signs up that say {Shoppers please keep your distance from others at
the check out stands} and walked off.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
I just saw an article in our local news.

Costco will no longer be accepting returns of
Toilet Paper
Paper Towels
Water
Sanitizing Wipes
Rice
Lysol.

Take that all you hoarders
What if you use it and don't like it???? will they take it back if it is 'unsatisfactory' and 'used'!!!

mitch504

I just saw an article in our local news.

Costco will no longer be accepting returns of
Toilet Paper
Paper Towels
Water
Sanitizing Wipes
Rice
Lysol.

Take that all you hoarders

Walmart has the same policy as of a few days ago. My wife works there and says there will be a lot of mad people at the first of the month when the rent's due