• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Virus Shutdown

Mother Deuce

Good Morning or Evening as the case may be.
I got a call last night not to come in this morning due to the state inspectors being off for virus control.
I asked how long and the best estimate presently is 2 weeks. I guess we are going to learn more today.
I was then called in this morning to remove my machine and the support gear to our satellite yard for this project...
Settle in ladies and gentlemen, I have an idea I won't be the only one effected in our industry. As we are a public works company we are mostly shutdown across the board as of this morning.

crane operator

We have a project at a hospital (reroof) and I got a call yesterday (sunday) that it is postponed. I don't know for how long.

We live in a tourist/lake resort area, and I think its going to be ugly this summer.

AzIron

There was half the traffic on the way in this morning

All schools statewide were closed by order of the governor as well as according to the news posting any public event of 50 or more to include birthday parties weddings and about any other thing.

This is getting crazy

aighead

I work in a factory in Dayton, Ohio. Currently, schools, restaurants, bars, are shut down, groceries close early (but don't have much anyway), my factory is still open for now... This is crazy.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Same here. They are trying to get any Canadians out of the country to come home before they are forced to shut down the airports. Of course there are those that won't come until it's too late. Some countries have closed their airports and now everyone is crying for the government to come get them. Are the banks and credit card companies going to give people a break from paying bills while the are off work? It's not that the virus is so deadly, it's just that it can exist in healthy people and be passed onto those that are not. Keeping people away from each other can slow the spread. All this stuff that is being done now should have been done at the start, and would be over with by now

AllDodge

Our Governor just closed all restaurants and bars in the state. Fast food still ok so long as they use drive thru

wornout wrench

My daughter works in a large hospital in the pharmacy. She does mostly the IT stuff, working with the robotic dispensers and such. She has the ability to work from home so they told her to stay home and work remotely, but if the hospital gets over run, she will be called in to work the pharmacy.
Basically they are getting a second group ready.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I think Mr Trump said last week that they didn't want to close the border to Canadians, but they were asking them to stay home

JD955SC

We are still open

it’s gonna get real ugly when the supply chain is completely depleted of food, and I’m thinking that’s gonna happen this week. Just In Time it won’t be.

Tugger2

Just when all this virus stuff was starting my job at the pulp mill was shut down . All thier control systems were hacked. Made for a complete uncontrolled shut down of 2 mills .3 weeks later they are still struggling to restart. And now we are all asked to stay home to prevent the spread,hope fully that helps.

AzIron

Was talking to.my salesman last Friday he had 4 deals put on hold last week had a pad job we were bidding for a custom home builder has gotten quiet on us

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Ain't this the truth..... the roads around here have probably had at least double the traffic on them with schools and a bunch of other stuff shut down!!! I see more motorcycle groups, trucks with boats behind them, etc.... all on a work/weekday.... it's almost like everybody is on a paid vacation... ;)

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Ain't this the truth..... the roads around here have probably had at least double the traffic on them with schools and a bunch of other stuff shut down!!! I see more motorcycle groups, trucks with boats behind them, etc.... all on a work/weekday.... it's almost like everybody is on a paid vacation... ;)
That would explain the quads and dirt bikes headed to our dunes today.