• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vintage Caterpillar Sale

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
This clearing sale coming up at Bordertown, in the south east of South Australia, on the 28th of November, is rather unique, for the amount of vintage crawlers that are for sale.

It is very rare here, to have as much vintage equipment in one sale.

http://www.farmclearingsales.com.au/clearing-sales/?sid=786&view=ads

Click on the thumbs for larger pictures.

RnR.

Curbster

Occupation
Prime Digger on Dog Hill
Really nice old iron! I've always been a bit leery of those hand cranks though, so I might want to teach a young feller how to do it!:)

Cat 10 1930.jpg

grandpa

Rocks,,,, you can buy and ship that D7 M series over to me for Christmas. It looks like the first machine my dad bought many many years ago,,, complete with the Letourneu overhead winch .

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Did you haul it home for him?

It hasn't been sold yet Mitch, the sale is next Friday.

I tried to get Grandpa to tell me how much he wants me to bid on it, but you know Grandpa, he's still got his lunch money from his first day at school.

I guess he will just have to keep the photo and look at that.

RnR.

mitch504

Actually, I was asking Granpa if he had hooked up his 20-mule team and hauled that dozer from the factory for his father.

I have a friend/customer who owns 3 early '80s John Deere combines (headers to an Aussie :beatsme) and still had to pay to have his beans cut this year because none of them were running. I emailed him a link to the 1960 one on that sale and said it was time to upgrade his fleet. He didn't seem to appreciate it.