• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Video- Demag CC2800 Lifts in Boston

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
Last week Hallamore's CC2800 Demag lattice crane with 550 tons of weight and its Superlift (maxer) configuration lifted, walked, and placed two HUGE primary leg support structures of the north tower of the Chelsea Street Bridge in Chelsea, MA.

The road and existing bridge was closed for 7 days to give plenty of opportunity to complete the 2 lifts. During the last 3 day closure high winds and inclement weather conditions sabotaged the event. A temporary pad had to be extended out over the road to bring the crane closer to the far support leg.

Each pre-assembled column section took 5 weeks to assemble and bolt-up and weighed 424,000 pounds (212 tons) and was 120 feet in height. The height at the top of the completed structure is 220 feet.

Additional lifting duties were accomplished Hallmore's Demag 600-ton mobile crane for column tripping and a Grove GMK5275 to lift man basket to summit of tower to release lifting plate and lifting slings.

Lift orchestrated by J.F.White Contracting. Steel erection performed by Saugus Construction with their crew assisted by Local 7 Ironworkers out of Boston, MA.

At 3:30 into the video things really get interesting. I had 5 cameras shooting these picks simultaneously. 2 in HD and 3 remote mounted. Enjoy.

I am shooting this project for its duration and have it well documented on my site as well.

YouTube - Chelsea Street Bridge Tower Lift

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Awesome video. Did you shoot that on film for the time lapse or just edit video?

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
Awesome video. Did you shoot that on film for the time lapse or just edit video?

I shot this with three different types of cameras. One was a high resolution still DSLR that I shot about 4,000 images with that I sequenced into a timelapse. Another was a straight up hd video camera in real time and the last was a HQ video camera set on the timelapse feature 'in-camera'.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
when i win the lottery, i am going to hire you to film my rants.
awesome work as usual.