• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vermeer S800TX

OBPM

Our new Vermeer S800TX on the day it was delivered.
This thing is a tank.
35hp Kubota Diesel
3000 lb operating Weight
2400 Tipping Capacity
A far cry from the Dingo 4 Paw we had 12 years ago!

S800TX.jpg

lumberjack

Nice purchase! The S600TX and S800TX have the best controls on the market currently. Boxer was bought by Morbark, and Brush Bandit says they will be coming out with a mini soon.

What industry are you in?

OBPM

I agree. I looked at Bobcat (not a ride on & just not a fan of Bobcat products in general), Boxer (would have been my 2nd choice), Dingo (seems to not have kept up with the times), Ramrod (junk) & Ditch Witch (just didn't like the overall feel) and felt the Vermeer was superior in quality, features & specifications. Of course it's also the most expensive. We are building contractors at the Jersey Shore.

lumberjack

If Morbark improves the controls on the 532, it would be my choice over the S800TX. The S800TX has a couple hundred pound advantage over the 532 (also weighs more), but the 532's expandable tracks win IMO.

Still, either one is handy dandy.

OBPM

I think Morbark will do a good job with the line. I like the expandable tracks but they were not a factor in my application.

fsmech

Occupation
field service mechanic
Very nice machine, I have worked in a couple of these, had a 'reoccurring problem with the travel motor hoses rubbing through and blowing. Would be a goodness to check the routing of these hoses before it happens. From memory they are the hoses from the last section in the hydraulic pump. They rubbed through on top of the hydraulic tank, just need to loosen the fitting and sit the hoses up higher then retighten the fitting. Is your model fitted with the Kubota?