• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vermeer LM42 trencher

Terryz

I have a Vermeer LM42 trencher with a damaged traction pump. Vermeer distributor says there is a 4 + month wait and no individual repair parts available. The pump part # is 223978001 2 speed pump.Is there anything after market for this? There is no identification on the housing. Does anyone know if Vermeer builds these pumps or does a vendor supply them ? Vermeer wants almost $ 4,000.00 for one.

doug dirt

I have an lm42 that I may part out.
I will check my machine but if there is no markings on the housing I am not sure if I can tell if I have same pump.

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
I have not logged in for awhile. I just read your post. Have you gotten your LM42 repaired yet?